A NZ family owned and operated provider of third party logistics (3PL) services. They have been experiencing significant growth and are investing heavily in their systems and people.
The business is expanding their operations and acquiring a new warehouse as a result of continued growth and keeping up with their customers demand. They are looking for a 3PL Team Leader to join the business and run this new site and business unit, working closely alongside the NZ Operations Manager.
The purpose and key responsibility of the 3PL Team Leader is to be personally responsible for the successful operational and financial performance of their site. You will be expected to lead a safe working environment in order to maximise client satisfaction, ensure your team is adequately trained and resourced and to minimise the risk exposure to achieve financial and other business goals.
You are passionate, values-led and customer service focused, the company’s products are delivered directly to customers daily, on time and in full.
This role interacts with a variety of different areas of the business. Keeping the warehouse stock moving quickly. This is a fast-paced 3PL environment that will keep you on your toes!
The company live our values and never compromise on quality or safety. You will be able to work to and manage the Health & Safety policies at the site ensuring 100% compliance always.
The business is passionate about their people! You will be a strong people manager and able to lead, motivate and develop the wider team; keeping your team one step ahead with their development having an input and influence into their personal development plans. To juggle all that this job brings, you will be able to be flexible and highly-organised, making things happen when the need arises.
To keep any distribution team moving you will need to be an excellent planner and able to keep an eye on KPI’s and performance standards.
What you will bring to the role:
- Proven warehouse management experience of ideally over 2 years and in a 3PL or similar environment
- A working knowledge of warehousing at managerial level
- Tertiary qualifications in a Supply Chain and/or Business field are highly desirable
- Experience managing HR processes including absence-management, employee engagement and performance improvement
- Planning and budgetary experience, stock movement and control, and KPI management
- Innovative and Continuous Improvement focused, able to apply strategy to operations effectively driving change through the team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate with attention to detail & excellent organisational skills
- Good time management and able to work under pressure
- Commercial experience managing a P&L is also highly desirable
- NZ Owned & Operated
- Brand New 3PL Warehouse
- Career Development Opportunities