Analyst, Portfolio Design – NZ Super Fund
- ~$43 billion in total assets
- Long-term investment horizon
- Asset Allocation, Investments business unit
The NZ Super Fund is New Zealand’s sovereign wealth fund, established to partially pre-fund the future cost of New Zealand superannuation. The Fund is currently ~$43 billion, invested across a wide range of asset classes and geographies. The Fund is managed by a Crown entity, the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation (Guardians). The Guardians has won global accolades for its financial performance, governance and transparency, as well as being recognised as one of the most innovative sovereign wealth funds globally.
The Portfolio Design team, along with its counterparts, Strategic Tilting and Economics, forms the Guardians’ Asset Allocation function, which sits within the broader Investments business unit. The Portfolio Design team is primarily responsible for the Fund’s Reference Portfolio, and for developing the Guardians’ portfolio construction approach, expressed through risk budgets and the risk allocation process (RAP).
As Analyst, Portfolio Design, your core responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the team in the analysis of our Reference Portfolio reviews, maintaining both equilibrium and current risk and return assumptions, production of investment hurdles and proxies
- Assisting in maintaining and enhancing the Guardians’ approach to risk budgeting and the risk allocation process
- Contributing to the Guardians’ wider investment activities by assisting in the development of strategies and participating in investment workshops and investment opportunities
- Assisting with the regular Portfolio and Investment Environment reviews
- Demonstrating appropriate knowledge and use of all Guardians’ systems and processes
- Reading, understanding and complying with all policies and procedures, including those relating to risk management and compliance practices
- Championing the Guardians’ vision, values and constructive culture at all times
This opportunity requires an analyst with experience conducting in-depth research across multiple asset classes, within an asset owner or investment manager. A thorough understanding of investment concepts is required, as is the ability to develop effective relationships and to work collaboratively with peers and the wider business. You will display sound commercial judgement and the perspective to make informed recommendations in line with the Guardians’ mandate.
With a reputation for excellence, the Guardians attributes the Fund’s success to the calibre of their staff, their commitment to diversity both in thought and background, and a commitment to global best practice. The Guardians is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Reasonable support will be provided to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. To build a strong and talented workforce, the Guardians is actively building an inclusive workplace and encourages expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options.
If you’re looking for that one off, stand out opportunity to work within a world class team, here it is. For a confidential conversation please contact Daniel Turner, Principal Consultant, on 021 193 0369, or apply on the link below.