Assistant Accountant – 6 month contract
- Implement process and structure around accounts payable
- Report into a fantastic Financial Controller
- North Shore location
About the company
Our client is a family owned business who have been in business for over 30 years. They pride themselves on their excellent family based culture and their
head office and manufacturing site has a great energy. They have a niche offering in manufacturing and are based on the North Shore.
About the role
This role requires an immediate start for an initial six month period to help the Financial Controller create and implement processes for the finance team as the business continues to grow. We are looking for someone flexible as the business is very small and dynamic so the role is likely to change and evolve over time.
Your initial duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Take over and manage the Accounts Payable function primarily (checking POs, enter invoicing & paying).
- Fine tune & set it up correctly and train staff to pass it over accordingly
- Embed the Purchase Order system
- Have detailed notes on key AP tasks
- Change/update the setup of Vendors in Prism to improve efficiency of the department (i.e. Not all vendors are set up for payment on the 20th!)
- Help develop and then routinely maintain the GL reconciliations file.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports
- Help develop key controls and processes
- Help improve Stock Takes and periodic reporting (excel If & Vlookups are a must here)
- Payroll data entry (may take off if not comfortable)
- Help with payroll system upgrade
If you could be interested in learning more please Apply Now or call Samantha Wilson on 021 195 0550 to chat further.
A 12-15 month fixed term contract, working for a large complex business, in a commercial & analytical accounting position
Implementation Lead – Hedge Accounting
A superb opportunity to get your foot in the door with one of NZ’s largest banks. Playing a lead role in an essential finance system implementation.