Grant Thornton New Zealand is on an exciting growth trajectory and is looking for experienced and highly proactive audit partners to contribute to this growth in its Wellington and Christchurch offices.
Grant Thornton delivers all the services you would expect from a global accounting and advisory firm, but this is where the similarities stop. Here at home and across its global network, Grant Thornton is famous for being down to earth and personable. Clients enjoy a more personalised service, delivered by people who have a passion for their work and a genuine desire to make a real difference. This passion creates a unique environment within the professional services industry, one where both clients and their people feel genuinely supported, can be themselves, and can thrive and grow. The only things treated like a number at Grant Thornton New Zealand are … the numbers.
As an audit partner at Grant Thornton, you will join a rapidly growing practice and inherit a portfolio of high-calibre clients that tell a unique NZ business story, as well as an international one. You will ensure the highest quality audit services are delivered to them while playing an active role in contributing to the firm’s growth.
As a senior member of the firm, you will also be a role model and a people leader, managing a thriving audit team and embodying the firm’s culture and behaviours of: ‘be brave’, ‘trusted to deliver’, ‘we not me’, ‘go beyond’, and ‘have fun and keep it real’. Culture is what sets Grant Thornton apart, and you will quickly become an integral part of the fabric of the firm and its success story.
Naturally, you will also be expected to maintain your technical currency to ensure the highest quality audit advice is delivered to your clients at all times.
- Maintaining and managing a portfolio of existing clients, delivering exceptional high quality audit services and ensuring high levels of client satisfaction
- Taking ownership for the creation and delivery of growth across your portfolio as well as supporting the firm in its wider business development activities
- Ensuring the ongoing development of professional knowledge within the firm by keeping up to date with best practice and sharing expertise, including advising on technical issues, actively involved in technical training, and day to day coaching of team members
- Leading and providing direction to the team, to ensure the effective delivery of strategic initiatives whilst identifying areas for development in team members and working to implement appropriate solutions
- Participating in setting annual budgets and establishing work plans for your team and divisional productivity, working in conjunction with the audit service line Leader to monitor performance against targets, and reporting on progress on a monthly basis
- Managing business risk through delivery of high quality work and compliance with all professional and ethical standards.
You are CA qualified or similar overseas qualification. You’re currently a partner in another organisation, or perhaps you are an experienced audit director; either way you are an experienced, highly motivated audit professional with a track record for uncompromising quality and a knack for business development. You enjoy working with clients and managing teams, and seeking a firm that matches your values and aspirations – a place where people come first and satisfaction comes from a job well done.
If this sounds like you, then Grant Thornton is waiting for your application.
To find out more about this opportunity, or to apply please contact Sarah Bailey (Christchurch) firstname.lastname@example.org 0274 990 444 or Kyna Harmon (Wellington) email@example.com 021 242 9807 at Hunter Campbell.
- Additional partnership opportunities
- Wellington and Christchurch
- Big firm ability with smaller firm agility