About the company:
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, EXTRA®, ECLIPSE®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, DOLMIO®, MASTERFOODS ® and ROYAL CANIN® have in common? They’re all made by Mars. A family-owned, principle-led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets they love) for more than 100 years. Together, their 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because they know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.
About the role:
Whilst part of a larger team, you’ll take true ownership in this standalone role that will call upon your soft skills as well as experience! Very rare do roles become available such as this one, let alone a newly created one. You will have the opportunity to work with brands that bring families together for meal consumption and develop, drive and implement the category and brand strategy for the Food & Seasonal/Gifting portfolios for the New Zealand market.
Based out of Auckland, this role will grow your career beyond by gaining exposure across the business, leveraging cross-functional relationships and leading all portfolio activity execution in the market in partnership with the sales team.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Responsible for recommending & implementing the annual activity set for the Food portfolio
- Works in close consultation with cross-functional teams to ensure excellent execution of planned activities
- Lead portfolio, range, pricing & execution decisions for the Seasonal/Gifting portfolio
- Uses relevant data & consumer insights information to analyse performance, review consumer activities/media & develop recommendations & action plans
- Brand champion internally, including frequently presenting at business forums
Your key attributes:
- Experience essential in a similar role
- Industry experience is highly regarded; however, they welcome all industry experience
- Meticulous planning and analysis
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve problems head-on
- Creates collaborative relationships and fosters accordingly
What can you expect from Mars?
- Certified as a great workplace by the Great Place to Work® Institute
- Genuine focus on your development with access to world-class training
- Global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to make a difference with their volunteer and ambassador programs
If you’re an experienced Brand Manager in a FMCG environment, and this role sounds like something you can get stuck into and make your own, apply today! Contact Sindy Ward on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021659193 for a confidential chat about your career.
- Liaise closely with marketing associates in the global brand team
- Supportive and collaborative environment
- Career development and rewarding benefits