Business Optimisation Manager – 5th Quarter, based in Dunedin
- Diverse commercial and operational responsibility
- Opportunity to make your mark
- Based in Dunedin
Silver Fern Farms’ vision is ‘To become the world’s most successful and sustainable grass-fed red meat company’. Founded in 1948, Silver Fern Farms is New Zealand’s leading procurer, processor, marketer and exporter of premium quality lamb, beef and venison. Exporting to 60 countries, Silver Fern Farms is a regionally significant business with annual revenue in excess of $2bn, 7,000 employees, seven offshore offices and 14 processing sites in New Zealand.
To find out more about Silver Fern Farms, their values and vision, and how they are increasing their presence globally, visit their website: https://www.silverfernfarms.com/
The company is highly regarded as an Employer of Choice and for its investment in developing people and offering opportunities for you to learn, develop and progress your career. An opportunity has arisen for you to join the business in a pivotal leadership role as the Business Optimisation Manager for Fifth Quarter Products.
The opportunity (based in Dunedin):
The Business Optimisation Manager – 5th Quarter, in the context of Silver Fern Farm’s vision and strategy, will support the creation of long-term value by focusing on:
- Maximising opportunities from existing 5th Quarter business
- Maintaining existing and forming new strategic partnerships
- Extracting additional value through customer-led innovation into new market segments
- Supporting the development of a sustainable business model driving the long-term optimisation of the 5th Quarter value stream
Through organisation-wide coordination and influence, the Business Optimisation Manager will help build more valuable products and supply chains based on end-customer requirements, strategic relationships, and an understanding of the key attributes of the value chain.
This role is key in supporting the Group Manager in optimising the value of the current 5th Quarter value streams – hides, skins and wool, rendering and casings, health pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals, and pet food and offals.
You will support and lead the Market Managers, who are experts within their designated Co-Product stream. Focusing on ‘driving execution’ that will deliver fiscal and sustainable value from well-developed strategy, while also enabling the team’s success through the development of people, processes and tools.
In addition to strong leadership, organisational transformational change management, and portfolio/programme/agile management experience, we are seeking a professional with the following attributes:
- Experience within the red meat industry preferred, though not essential
- Team-focused with experience developing, running and delivering team strategy goals
- A deep understanding of complex global supply chains and how to optimise them
- The ability to build strategic partnerships in order to influence and advise to deliver value for all parties
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed negotiation, stakeholder management and conflict resolution skills
In return, you will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and be provided with opportunities for learning, development and career progression in New Zealand’s leading marketer, processor and exporter of premium quality lamb, beef and venison products. This is a significant leadership role in a high-potential business unit and will position your career well for future growth and progression.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you would like to find out more please contact Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion
A global organisation with a New Zealand flavour, is looking to employ a skilled and initiative driven Supply Chain or Logistics Specialist.
Lead operational teams across processing and distribution with a significant focus on continuous improvement and succession planning.