Commercial Accountant – 12 Month Maternity Cover
- 12 Months maternity contract with immediate start
- Leading natural health company
- NZX listed
Comvita is a NZX listed Kiwi success story, with an extensive footprint throughout New Zealand and has had phenomenal growth year on year. With further ambitious growth targets in place, the focus moving forward is on expansion locally and globally, with an emphasis on hiring staff who can operate effectively in a growing business. With a name associated with quality, they are on a mission working in harmony with bees and nature in New Zealand to heal and protect the world.
Due to growth within the business, we are looking to hire a number of critical team members to the finance function.
We are currently searching for a Commercial Accountant who will report to the Head of Reporting & Commercial Insights. The role will be based at the head office at Paengaroa, in the sunny Bay of Plenty.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Financial planning, analysis and reporting for the Supply, Business Development and Category functions of the business.
- Partnering with the Chief Supply Chain Officer, Chief Customer Officer and wider leadership team.
- Budgeting and forecasting for cost of goods, supply Opex, and manufacturing variances.
- Cost trend analysis and perform long term planning of supply & demand of UMF Honey.
- Monthly preparation of reporting & analysis for management & board,
- Inventory forecasting & reporting
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Commerce, Business or Finance Degree
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- An excellent knowledge of Cost & Management Accounting, as well as Sales & Gross Margin enhancing commercial strategies.
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage complexity.
What’s in it for you?
This is a rare opportunity, based in Paengaroa (BOP), to work for a large, successful business who are continuing to grow from strength to strength. Comvita have a flexible working policy as well as a culture with a collaborative, family feel to it. You will also be working as part of a tight-knit finance team for a manager who will empower you to take ownership of your role in order for you to succeed.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion, please call Josie Clarke on 027 773 4733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org