Hunter Campbell is proud to be partnering with Sanford for this integral hire. Sanford (NZX) is one of New Zealand’s oldest companies and while it embraces its 100+ years of heritage, it is a pioneer of sustainability and innovation within the seafood industry.
One of New Zealand’s biggest exporters, Sanford delivers fresh and frozen produce to all corners of the globe.
Based in Havelock, as the Commercial Accountant, your primary focus is to support the Mussel Farming & Processing Operations of the business with commercial decision-support information. You will partner with the GM Commercial Finance, General Manager Processing, General Manager Aquaculture and operations teams to drive performance improvement focus and initiatives to deliver best in class operating cost structure and processes to enable Sanford to be the Best Seafood Company in the World.
You will also provide leadership to the local finance team in their functional portfolio including accounts payable and accounts receivable where appropriate.
Your key duties will include (but not be limited to);
- Drive effective reporting from the operations of the business which provides insights to monthly, YTD performance which enables optimal and effective decision making for the business.
- Provide robust analysis to optimise the resources of Sanford to deliver the best financial outcome for the business.
- In partnership with the GMs and COO, identify, drive and track the delivery of key cost efficiency initiatives across the business.
- Develop and maintain a rigorous and accurate forecasting process to deliver a reliable monthly rolling 18 months forecast for the operations
- Provide commercially sound business cases for capital expenditure from the Mussel Farming and Processing Operations teams to achieve targets
- Effectively, manage, mentor and coach the finance team as well as other key stakeholders
- Continuous ad-hoc project work
To be considered for this role you will ideally be a fully qualified accountant. You will be someone who is commercially savvy with a curious and inquisitive mindset. You must be proactive, a confident communicator and someone who can tailor their language to a wide variety of audiences allowing you to because a trusted finance business partner. Experience in leading people and small teams will also be advantageous.
Experience in large, complex environments will be advantageous as well as experience in any of the following industries; primary, commodities, Agri, manufacturing, supply chain, logistics etc.
What’s in it for you…
This is a unique opportunity to influence the performance of one of New Zealand’s most recognisable companies. It is a chance to work in one of the most scenic parts of New Zealand and will suit someone who is either living in Havelock or surrounding areas (Blenheim, Nelson etc.) This is a people-focused business, where company culture is paramount. Therefore you will be surrounded by fantastic colleagues in a supportive environment. They also take a very modern approach to flexible working arrangements with the ability to work from home 2-3 days per week.
To be considered for this position, submit your CV by following the link below. For a confidential discussion please call Chris Cooper on 021 197 4491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location; Marlborough Region (Havelock)
- Senior Commercial Finance Role
- Broad & Varied Role - Staff Leadership Position