Our client manufactures innovative building products ideal for a range of different uses for both residential and commercial application. With market leading brands in their portfolio, our client offers residential and commercial solutions for all interior spaces, from benchtops and cabinetry, through to structural flooring, wall lining and commercial joinery.
To maximise the effectiveness and availability of plant and machinery to meet production demand. This position will help lead the maintenance planning necessary for the continuity of the Taupo manufacturing operation and the safety of Plant employees.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this is a varied engineering role encompassing hands on electrical work; asset management from a maintenance perspective – planned, preventative & reactive; coordinating sub-contractors to carry out technical work; and supporting other stakeholders with planned shutdowns.
This position is the obvious choice / succession plan for the outgoing Plant Manager, who has decided to retire, so we are looking for someone who has the ability to step in to a more senior role in the near term.
More information on technical expertise required below:
- Perform a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Provide information and contribution into the compilation and control of maintenance budgets for the Taupo site and manufacturing process.
- Design plant modifications, additions and improvements to meet or exceed the OEE performance expectations.
- Help coordinate daily, weekly and annual shut downs by planning resource requirements, labour and equipment.
- Complete all electrical repairs and maintenance in accordance with the site’s annual maintenance plan.
- Raise purchase orders for materials and equipment needed to install or repair electrical wiring and equipment.
- Test and service electrical equipment and machinery to ensure safe operating condition.
- Resolve day to day electrical malfunctions as soon as practical to ensure continuity and minimal plant down time.
What’s in it for you…
A great regional role with near term career growth opportunity. Competitive remuneration and varied role responsibilities.
The current team are focused and work collaboratively with technology and best practice. The team takes a proactive approach towards work, challenges, change, wellbeing where Health & Safety is ingrained in their DNA.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Tom Storey on 021 087 89027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fantastic New Zealand manufacturing business.
- Succession plan for Reliability & Maintenance Manager position.
- We need a hands on and design focused electrical engineer.