This market leading, global telco business are working hard to build a more connected, inclusive, and sustainable future for New Zealand. They use technology to challenge and innovate, to better support their customers.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a leadership position responsible for a medium sized team of Accountants (qualified and part qualified) with a focus on the delivery of revenue and margin accounting and reporting including month end processes, audit, technical accounting, and business decision support.
Some of your key duties will include (but not be limited to);
- Lead the team to ensure timely and quality month end results
- Partnering with commercial finance and finance business partners to provide best practice technical accounting advice and governance
- Lead ad hoc accounting projects/standard implementations as required
- Influence key stakeholders to understand importance of financial controls and actions required to tighten financial controls
- Work closely with internal audit function to undertake E2E financial controls framework review
- Build robust programme of work to address audit control points and/or controls opportunities
- Support the team in trouble shooting and issue resolution
- Support the Financial Controller and Head of Finance with ad-hoc projects
To be considered for this position you will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (CA, CPA or equivalent) who has a number of years post qualified experience already under their belt. It will be extremely advantageous if you have spent the early part of your career in a large professional services/CA firm environment before making your move into a financial accounting/reporting role within commercial/industry. Telco experience is preferable but not a must.
Due to the size of the team, we are looking for someone who has a passion for leading, coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
This role will suit someone who has ambitions to progress their career into more senior leadership positions further down the line.
What’s in it for you…
This is an opportunity for someone to step into one of NZ’s most recognisable employers, in fact, they’re one of the worlds most recognisable businesses. It’s a chance to step into a well supported leadership position which will give you the freedom and autonomy to manage a stable and high performing team.
The business has a fantastic track record of promoting and progressing it’s employees and this opportunity would be an amazing starting point for a long and exciting career within a large, complex, fast-paced global industry leader.
- High performance culture - supporting progression & development
- Large, complex, fast-paced environment
- Work From Home supported