GM Supply Chain
- Change management and process improvement focus
- Reporting to CEO
- Dynamic 'can-do' company culture
This is a large complex organisation providing a range of core products to households across New Zealand. The business is focusing on improving its supply chain optimisation and is now recruiting a GM Supply Chain who will review and improve their existing supply chain structure, processes, systems, procedures and overall performance. Reporting to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role and will be presented with ample opportunity to drive, change and implement process improvement.
As the GM Supply Chain, you will be a key member of the Leadership Team and will help lead transformation across the business as part of a wider Commercial and Operations Team. Specifically, you will build strategy and capability across the Supply Chain function, taking responsibility for building and leading initiatives to ensure maximisation of the value chain.
It is a multi-site operation and you will have 6 direct reports and 33 indirect reports. The key functions that you will be responsible for are Procurement, Planning, Production, Inventory, Warehousing and Logistics.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deliver a commercially focused Supply Chain & Operations strategy in order to fulfil growth and service aspirations
- Lead the Health and Safety function, driving awareness and accountability
- Operate as part of a Leadership Team responsible for the strategy, P&L and day to day operations of the business
- Develop ways of working, ownership, and process
- Implementation and delivery of a competent S&Op process
- Drive continuous improvements to Supply Chain Operations, identifying opportunities to improve margin and volume, and ensuring product assurance and compliance
- Lead and support new projects to develop improvements across the product portfolio
- Build partnerships with internal and external partners, facilitating an effective demand-driven order and buy processes
- Coach, develop and mentor the Supply Chain & Operations Team to build capability in line with improvements and higher expectations across S&OP, Supply Chain, and Operations.
You will be a confident and energetic self-starter with a keen eye for detail and accuracy. You will have a genuine desire to add value to the business and will enjoy a hands-on role as you collaborate with multiple teams across the organisation, maintaining strong cultural awareness and sensitivity as you do so.
You will have a strong team-focus and be able to nurture, coach and manage your team effectively, displaying humility and resilience at all times. Solutions-driven and a competent problem solver, decision-making will be one of your key strengths and your ability to influence diverse stakeholders will be second to none.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience managing Supply Chain and Operations with complex distribution processes and long lead times
- Proven experience of setting up functions and/or change management within their function
- High degree of commercial awareness, strategic and financial acumen, balanced with a dedicated service ethic
- Previous ERP experience
- Scope to build and develop Supply Chain at a key stage of the company’s growth and development
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Ken Webb on 021 486 565 or email Kenw@huntercampbell.co.nz
Shift Coordinator – Evening Shift
Join a leading global FMCG business at their flagship NZ DC. Lead a DC operations team and drive Continuous Improvement & operational excellence.
Logistics Administrator – 6-month fixed-term contract
Manage logistics and inventory administration for a global FMCG business