Heartland is an ASX/NZX listed financial services Group who are the industry leaders in their specific areas of specialisation. Their current strategy is focused on trans-Tasman growth, both organically and through M&A activity. This growth will be supported by their passion for implementing and utilising new technologies to allow them to understand and service their customers better than ever.
Reporting directly into the Group CFO, the purpose of the Head of Group Planning and Performance role is to lead the Group Planning and Performance team, prepare monthly financial results, provide clear and insightful analysis of business performance, partner with business leaders and teams providing insight and support to drive business performance, to maintain a periodic forecast and facilitate a robust annual budgeting process.
- Ensure annual and three-year budget for Heartland is produced ensuring management is appropriately engaged, business activities appropriately modelled, models developed at an appropriate level of detail, appropriate reporting provided and output communicated to management and the board for approval.
- Ensure financial forecasts are produced periodically.
- Assist business heads to develop initiatives to meet financial targets including modelling of projected financial outcomes of those initiatives and subsequent reporting of actual performance to plan.
- Ensure divisional analysis of financial performance is produced monthly including analysis of sales performance, profitability and progress on achievement of any initiatives that may be implemented by the business to achieve their targets.
- Produce monthly finance commentary for management, ALCO and board purposes ensuring clear communication of performance and drivers of that performance.
- Lead the Group Planning and Performance team ensuring activities are planned, coordinated and resourced appropriately and that team members are provided with effective management.
- Play a key role in the implementation of a new General Ledger
What’s in it for you…
This is an opportunity to step into a commercial finance leadership role within a high growth financial institution. Working for an outstanding leader who will be able to give you the guidance and development to help you best prepare for your first CFO role further down the track. You will be working alongside a wider finance team of seriously impressive individuals, partnering with CEO/GM’s and supported by a business who are embarking on a transformation of change, implementing and utilising the latest technology to set them apart from the rest.
To be considered for this position you must be a fully qualified senior finance leader, ideally with experience in the financial services industry or a large heavily regulated corporate environment. You will be a FP&A expert and a natural people leader and have the ability communicate to senior stakeholders, internal and external, concisely and confidently.
- Reports directly into Group CFO
- Ownership of all commercial finance, planning and performance
- Progressive and entrepreneurial culture and work environment