Head of HR
- Immediate start - Initial 3 month contract
- Drive change & influence as you sit at the executive level
- - New Zealand success story with a now Global Footprint
This manufacturing business has been established in New Zealand for nearly 20 years and continues to grow and increase its market share. They dominate their category in the NZ market and supply an export market of over 100 countries. With a desire to continue growing the business and improving efficiencies, there are plans to expand their manufacturing capability by adding two additional manufacturing sites to better service the AsiaPac region. The current total staffing at their South Auckland site sits at just over 250.
About the role:
With a background in an HR Management role, this role will see you sitting on the executive team. This General Manager of Human Resources role will provide you with the opportunity to drive change and influence across the business. This role would see you continuing to develop strategic plans and with the help and support of your 3 direct reports, (L&D, H&S and HR Advisor) implementing it across the business.
You will be able to show your previous experience of working with staff from within a manufacturing environment where there is a mix of salaried and waged staff. You will understand the challenges this can bring.
In this role you will work to develop the culture and move the organisation to a place where their values are more than just wall print. Setting up innovative initiatives to attract great candidates, keep employees highly engaged and retaining high performing employees are pivotal to this role.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 5+ years of HR management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Have the ability to engage with key stakeholders at the executive level
- Have management of recruitment and onboarding
- Have ownership of performance management
- Ensure the business is compliant in and around legislative employment requirements
- Drive engagement of H&S and a safety first
- Manage and develop 3 direct reports – L&D, H&S and HR Advisor
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Katherine Biggelaar on 021 225 4735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org