Head of Sales
- Global freight forwarding and logistics business
- Significant career growth to General Management
- Sales and operations leadership experience
An international freight and logistics business specialising in end to end supply chain solutions with extensive networks across Asia Pacific and globally. The business in Auckland has historically been to service their international clients with NZ trade lanes however they are now in a position to look to expand on their NZ offering and are looking to employ a Head of Sales to further develop their NZ business. You will be tasked with the opportunity to build a team of sales professionals and it is expected that this role would develop into a General Manager position with full commercial responsibility for NZ along with the leadership of both their sales and operations teams.
Reporting to senior management based overseas, as Head of Sales for NZ you will initially be expected to develop a pipeline of leads and business opportunities which will lead to a strategy to be put in place to execute new business opportunities. Seafreight will be the key service though the business is also looking to further develop their offering across airfreight and contract logistics. You will be given a great opportunity to leverage the businesses relationships with their global clients with a number of warm leads as well as you bringing your NZ industry networks with you to introduce them to the business and their service offerings.
As a result of building the sales pipeline you will be responsible for the development of the NZ budget and will identify targets and a sales plan to execute these targets with the support from senior management overseas. You will have the opportunity to build a sales team who are industry professionals and lead this team to ensure the success of the NZ business and continued new business opportunities. There will also be the opportunity to focus on full end to end supply chain offerings as well as further developing trade lanes.
The business see the Head of Sales for NZ progressing to a General Manager position once a clear strategy and pipeline strategy is in place and there will be a clear outline of this in place for your progression through the business.
The Successful Applicant
The key attributes we are looking for in the successful applicant will be:
- Minimum 10-15 years of management and leadership experience across both sales and operations in the logistics or freight forwarding industry
- Held senior roles in both sales and operations within the logistics or freight forwarding industry
- Proven experience of developing business across freight forwarding and logistics in NZ with in-depth knowledge of the market and targeted sales planning and pipeline development
- People person who thrives on building key business relationships
- Strong business acumen with excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
- A proven leader who leads from the front and always acts with integrity
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in work experience
This is a career defining opportunity to join a global business in the logistics and freight forwarding industry who are committed to building their brand in the NZ market. With your industry experience and networks you will be given the opportunity to develop a strategic pipeline to in turn build a professional sales team along with leading the operations team taking on full commercial responsibility on your pathway to a General Manager position for NZ with the continued support and development from their global operations.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion, please call Nick McConnochie on 021 197 9121 or email email@example.com and we will come back to you from Monday January 11th.