Head of Supply Chain
- Change management focus
- Reporting to CEO
- Dynamic 'can-do' company culture
This is a large complex organisation providing core services to the wider industry across New Zealand. This business is in a phase of change with a new leadership team and a paradigm shift in culture to drive a philosophy of customer first.
The business is focussing on an agile approach to the services it delivers and an unerring commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing investment in its operations and people.
The business is focusing on improving its supply chain optimisation and is now recruiting a Head of Supply Chain who will review and improve its existing supply chain structure, processes, systems, procedures and overall performance. Reporting to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role and will be presented with ample opportunity to develop your skills, experience and progress your supply chain career.
As the Head of Supply Chain, you will be a key member of the Leadership Team and will help lead transformation across the business as part of a wider Commercial and Operations Team. Specifically, you will build strategy and capability across the supply chain function.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deliver a commercially focused supply chain & operations strategy in order to fulfil growth and service aspirations.
- Lead the health and safety function, driving awareness and accountability.
- Operate as part of a Leadership Team responsible for the strategy, P&L and day to day operations of the business.
- Develop ways of working, ownership, and process.
- Work with the Finance, Sourcing, Category and multi-site teams to understand requirements and develop supply chain processes to optimise resources and reduce spend.
- Drive continuous improvements to supply chain operations, identifying opportunities to improve margin and volume, and ensuring product assurance and compliance
- Lead and support new projects to develop improvements across the product portfolio
- Build partnerships with internal and external partners, facilitating an effective demand-driven order and buy processes
- Coach, develop and mentor the Supply Chain & Operations Team to build capability in line with improvements and higher expectations across S&OP, Supply Chain, and Operations.
You will be a confident and energetic self-starter with a keen eye for detail and accuracy. You will have a genuine desire to add value to the business and will enjoy a hands-on role as you collaborate with multiple teams across the organisation, maintaining strong cultural awareness and sensitivity as you do so.
You will have a strong team-focus and be able to nurture, coach and manage your team effectively, displaying humility and resilience at all times. Solutions-driven and a competent problem solver, decision-making will be one of your key strengths and your ability to influence diverse stakeholders will be second to none.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience managing supply chain and operations with complex distribution processes.
- Proven experience of setting up functions and/or change management within their function.
- High degree of commercial awareness, strategic and financial acumen, balanced with a dedicated service ethic.
- Previous ERP experience.
- Scope to build and develop supply chain at a key stage of the company’s growth and development.
- Career development and progression opportunities in a substantial business actively growing their supply chain, procurement and wider commercial teams.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Ken Webb on 021 486 565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org