HR and Payroll Manager – 12 Month Contract
- Full time, 12 month fixed term contract
- East Tamaki location with free on-site parking
- Diverse and supportive workplace culture
Our Client –
Our client has been developing quality products in New Zealand since the 1950s and are continuously growing within the interior design industry. They are now looking for a dynamic and experienced HR and Payroll Manager to provide the full HR capability to the company as well as coordinating payroll through an external provider and ADI timesheet system.
The Role –
As the HR and Payroll Manager, you will be working closely with managers and staff across the business supporting their day to day functions and operational requirements. You will be their source of information and knowledge around HR support and advice while adding value to grow capability and best practice. This role will be reporting to the Managing Director and you will be working alongside the management team, developing and implementing various HR projects and initiatives. You will be involved in projects that will range from H&S and wellbeing, recruitment and onboarding, appraisals, disciplinaries, HR policy and strategy, performance and salary reviews, coaching and training, developing the culture and aligning these with their organisation values, to name a few. The payroll aspect will be preparing and coordinating the weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll through Datacom so you are required to have a good understanding of NZ legislation and employment law. It is an exciting and broad role that will encompass all things HR, Payroll and Health and Safety related.
Key Skills and Requirements –
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as an HR Manager or Advisor (preferably as a generalist practitioner and/or within a manufacturing environment)
- Proven success in developing and implementing HR projects and initiatives and change management experience
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with people at all levels of an organisation with a confident and adaptable demeanour
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with the ability to articulate your views and effectively engage and influence outcomes
- Highly professional and ethical behaviour with sound, practical judgement and an informed approach to problem solving
- Well developed advocacy, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Free onsite parking
- Staff discounts on all products
- Ongoing training and upskilling
- Engaging, diverse and supportive workplace culture
If you feel that this type of role is for you, then please apply with your recently updated CV.
To be eligible for this role only applications with full and current NZ work rights can be considered. Please submit your CV by following the link below. For a confidential discussion please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 233 4425.