New Zealand’s leading fund
The Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation is an innovative, award-winning global investor. Our primary role is to manage the NZ Super Fund, an investment fund which invests taxpayer contributions globally to help pre-fund universal superannuation in New Zealand.
Our team has a deep sense of purpose through the work we do to benefit future generations of New Zealanders. At the Guardians there’s an energy, passion and a shared commitment to excellence.
The work is complex, innovative and intellectually stimulating. Our positive work environment respects your wellbeing while supporting your career and your future. As a proud equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate in our hiring practices, with diversity and inclusiveness highly valued.
The Internal Audit team is tasked with providing independent and objective assurance, through a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control.
This opportunity will see you undertaking business-wide reviews, and will see you working closely with the Leadership team, the Board, and the Board Audit Committee.
Reporting through to the Head of Internal Audit, your key responsibilities include:
- Play a lead role in identifying areas of IT & Business Risk that support achievement of business outcomes
- Own the delivery and execution of a portfolio of IT & Data projects
- Partner with Business Units providing guidance and advice to achieve quality and effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management and control environment
- Design, build and maintain innovative data analytics and visual dashboards to analyse risk
- Developing and running a programme of continuous auditing and monitoring
- Business Partner with other internal risk functions; Portfolio Risk, Enterprise Risk and Legal to achieve business objectives
With a reputation for excellence, the Guardians attribute the Fund’s success to the calibre of its staff, its commitment to diversity both in thought and background, and a commitment to global best practice.
This opportunity requires a professional with the ability to articulate complex concepts to Board level stakeholders, alongside strong data analytics and presentation skills – Python, R, SQL, Power BI etc. We are seeking an individual with a comprehensive background in internal audit, IT risk and data analytics, gained from time in accounting practice, consulting, or a commercial environment. With a core focus on IT and data, this position requires a depth of experience across IT assurance and data management and governance.
The Guardians encourages expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Reasonable support will be provided to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
For a confidential conversation please contact Sam Pritchard – firstname.lastname@example.org / 021 224 7093, or Daniel Turner – email@example.com / 021 193 0369, or apply on the link below.
- New Zealand's highly awarded and internationally renowned sovereign wealth fund
- Organisation-wide mandate to provide independent assurance across the Guardians
- Work with the Board, Board Audit Committee, and leadership Team