Lead BI Analyst
- Integral Team Member in Key Business Decisions
- Creative and collaborative environment
- Genuine Career Progression on Offer
A leading and innovative New Zealand based company at the forefront of change in the freight and logistics industry.
You will join a team that is absolutely passionate about what they do and enjoy working together to come up with solutions for their customers in a rapidly evolving, growing and highly successful business.
The Lead BI Analyst plays a pivotal role in driving the success of the business forward and is integral to helping on board their new customers and to provide key reporting metrics to their existing customer base while working closely with internal stakeholders. Information you will be analysing and providing solutions for will be across distribution/transport costings, DIFOT (delivery in full on time) and providing information to help manage truck utilisations to name a few.
This is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about providing solutions and solving problems to advance their career in a lead role across BI data/analytics.
The successful BI analyst will be eager and hungry to make their mark in the business and bring their experience into the business to help them to make strong business decisions for their customers and the company. The goal is to have you providing actionable insight to a variety of stakeholders across the business (i.e. Operations, Sales, Senior Management Group etc.). This will involve taking data from multiple sources and combining acute business knowledge to shape your findings. You will be transforming insights into easy to understand data visualisations/presentations/recommendations to the end stakeholder.
- Exposure to working with a wide variety of data sets
- Have a passion for data visualisation & familiarity with techniques
- A commercially minded individual – ability to understand the commercial imperatives behind the data needs
- University degree attainment or higher in computer science with data/AI/BI
- Accreditation’s with recognised data science, AI, BI deep learning or machine learning certification
- Demonstrated understanding of Data Curator function
- Expert level in Power BI, MS Excel and other analytical software tools
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage and follow up on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Presentation and communication skills – particularly strong in presenting complex data and analytical findings to non-technical audiences
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to enter an innovative and growing business and really make your mark on the business. Your analytical skills and experience will be integral to help onboard new customers and effectively provide their existing customers the relevant data and metrics they need to make key business decisions. The business is going through significant growth including recently and successfully entering and Australian market and this position is viewed as integral to their ongoing success and development. The company is big on promoting their people internally and there will be substantial investment in you and your development through training and courses as well as the opportunity for this position to have a people management responsibility in the future with expansion a very strong possibility within the analytical team.
Business Transformation Assistant
Initial 3 month contract with an opportunity to become permanent. An immediate start for an innovative freight and logistics business.