- Wide range of clients
- Work and learn with some of the best in the business
- Collaborate, consult and deliver!
One of New Zealand’s pre-eminent business improvement consultancies is looking to expand its Consulting Team as they expand to meet an ever-increasing demand for their manufacturing, operations and business improvement solutions and services.
The business is committed to creating alignment, changing behaviour, and transforming companies with providing solutions to their operational challenges. Their approach links hard analysis with one-on-one coaching and boots-on-ground support to achieve dramatic business improvements.
Opportunities exist for Lean Manufacturing specialists (ideally with Management Consulting experience) to join the business where you will operate at a hands-on level focussed on conceptualizing and executing solutions to drive improvements across business operations, supply chain and operations.
The role of Lean Consultant is a unique and rewarding challenge. The work is difficult, often quite complex and done under tight deadlines.
As a result, the opportunity for personal growth, learning experiences and career development is extraordinary with great opportunities for progression, however, this career path can be challenging at times.
You may be involved with managing multiple projects in both large and small-scale manufacturing environments. Key responsibilities of this position include, though are not limited to:
- Identify, plan and implement critical projects resulting in significant business improvement
- Accurately analyzing process plant, systems, organisational function and structures using interviews, observation, data and statistical analysis studies and techniques to determine where and how to generate measurable benefits
- Train client individuals in the effective use of management systems, tools, techniques, group problem solving and team building and consensus development skills
- Prepare and conduct meetings and one-on-one interfaces with client and colleagues
- Prepare written and oral feedback, presentation materials, critiques, systems documentation, process descriptions, evaluations, data summaries and reports.
- Actively lead projects, achieve buy-in from stakeholders and decision-makers
- Lead and coach project teams.
The person required:
Ideally, you will have previous consulting experience however those with a background in senior-level operational or project management roles will also be considered. Additionally:
- You will possess impressive and demonstrable experience in the implementation of LEAN and/or other continuous improvement methodologies
- You will have a relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in engineering, business studies or a related discipline.
- Extremely comfortable around C suite or senior stakeholders, as most of our work is done at this level; you don’t need to be an extrovert, but confidence definitely helps
- Naturally curious; you are someone who can apply logic and problem-solving to difficult business problems
- Hands-on approach – your role will involve coaching, analysis and relationship management – key to your success, however, will be your ability to get into the detail and execute & implement solutions
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email email@example.com
Lead, drive and implement business improvement projects and implementations as a LEAN Consultant. Work with a range of SME”s and multi-nationals
Lead an afternoon shift for a high growth food business with an incredibly passionate team who love what they do.