Maintenance Engineer / Fitter
- Innovative NZ business with a proud history in the regions.
- Hands on role that would suite a mechanical trade background.
- Experienced engineering team to learn from.
About the company:
An innovative NZ business in the construction industry, our client is a leading manufacturer of building materials across the country for a variety of different sectors including Civil, Rural, Residential and Infrastructure.
About the role:
You will join an experienced engineering team responsible for the preventative maintenance and optimal asset performance of the facility in Palmerston North. This role reports directly to the Technical Service Manager and will have no direct leadership responsibilities. This role is a hands-on engineering position that would suit someone from a trade background (fitter/turner) who is able to repair and maintain existing equipment as well as support commissioning of new machinery.
The three main areas of focus will be technical hands-on engineering, health & safety and improving manufacturing efficiency.
Your key responsibilities include, though are not limited to:
- Plant, equipment, and tooling are maintained and available to support product requirements
- Work alongside contractors as required; provide support and guidance as necessary
- Scheduled work is carried out within agreed timeframes and cost.
- Project work is conducted as per plan
- Site services are available through call back cover
- Maintenance system is operated against schedule
- Comply with the client’s safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Develop an understanding of and comply with the responsibilities, accountabilities and authorities contained within the Safety System relevant to your position.
- Support manufacturing excellence through ensuring machine reliability.
What’s in it for you?
Exciting role working with an experienced team for a growing business in Palmerston North. We need someone with a strong mechanical trade engineering background.
This business holds everyone accountable so self-management is a must. Resilience and composure are two attributes that our client looks for in the people they hire. They want people who are calm under pressure who have the ability to problem solve as part of a team.
This role requires punctuality, reliability and effective communication. If you are self-motivated, eager to learn and have a natural curiosity, this role could be for you.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Tom Storey on 021 087 89 027 or email email@example.com
Supply Chain Manager – Mandarin Speaking
Lead the end to end supply chain for a start up business with an international backing who specialise in health & wellbeing products.
Immediately available planner who is quick to react to change required for an initial 2 month contract.