- Innovative NZ business with a proud history in the regions.
- Growing business selling building materials nationwide.
- Experienced engineering team to learn from.
About the company:
An innovative NZ business in the construction industry, our client is a leading manufacturer of building materials across the country for a variety of different industries including Civil, Rural, Residential and Infrastructure.
About the role:
You will join an experienced engineering team responsible for the preventative maintenance and optimal asset performance of the facility in Palmerston North. This role reports directly to the Technical Service Manager and will have no direct leadership responsibilities.
The three main areas of focus will be technical engineering, health & safety and improving manufacturing efficiency.
Your key responsibilities include, though are not limited to:
- Plant, equipment, and tooling are maintained and available to support product requirements
- Work alongside contractors as required; provide support and guidance as necessary
- Scheduled work is carried out within agreed timeframes and cost.
- Project work is conducted as per plan
- Site services are available through call back cover
- Maintenance system is operated against schedule
- Comply with the our client’s safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Develop an understanding of and comply with the responsibilities, accountabilities and authorities contained within the Safety System relevant to your position.
- Support manufacturing excellence through ensuring machine reliability.
What’s in it for you?
Exciting role working with an experienced team for a growing business in Palmerston North. We need someone with a strong engineering background who is passionate about equipment maintenance and asset performance.
This business holds everyone accountable so self management is a must. Resilience and composure are two attributes that our client looks for in the people they hire. They want people who are calm under pressure who have the ability to problem solve as part of a team.
This role requires punctuality, reliability and effective communication. If you are self-motivated, eager to learn and have a natural curiosity, this role could be for you.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Tom Storey on 021 087 89 027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a successful New-Zealand owned business. Lead end-to-end buying and purchasing activities; and grow your knowledge and experience.
Junior/Trainee Lean Consultant
Lead, support, drive and implement business improvement projects as a LEAN Consultant. Work with a range of SME’s and multi-nationals