Management Accountant – 12 Month Contract
- 12 Months fixed term contract with immediate start
- Leading natural health company
- NZX listed
Comvita is a NZX listed Kiwi success story, with an extensive footprint throughout New Zealand and has had phenomenal growth year on year. With further ambitious growth targets in place, the focus moving forward is on expansion locally and globally, with an emphasis on hiring staff who can operate effectively in a growing business. With a name associated with quality, they are on a mission working in harmony with bees and nature in New Zealand to heal and protect the world.
Due to growth within the business, we are looking to hire a number of critical team members to the finance function.
We are currently searching for a Management Accountant who will report to the Senior Management Accountant. The role will be based at the head office at Paengaroa, in the sunny Bay of Plenty.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with cost control & planning, by enhancing accuracy of forecasting & budgeting
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis of Group sales, direct margin & operating expenses
- Assisting with delivery of monthly management reporting
- Supporting commercial business partnering with NZ and Australia cost centre managers
- Identify cost saving opportunities
- Tracking costs on expenditure and liaise with cost centre managers on their actuals to budget or forecast
- Preparation of activity plans and training to better inform decision makers
- Assist with revenue management support for deal sign-off processes
- Other ad-hoc work as and when required
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Commerce, Business or Finance Degree
- Minimum of 2+ years relevant working experience
- Knowledge and experience with effective cost control and cost forecasting techniques
- Strong analytical skills to undertake variance analysis, write insightful commentary, business partnering
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to new challenges
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time in a busy environment
- Strong excel skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Above all else you will be a reliable and friendly team player who believes in delivering a quality experience to customers every time.
What’s in It for you?
This is a rare opportunity, based in Paengaroa (BOP), to work for a large, successful business who are continuing to grow from strength to strength. Comvita have a flexible working policy as well as a culture with a collaborative, family feel to it. You will also be working as part of a tight-knit finance team for a manager who will empower you to take ownership of your role in order for you to succeed.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion, please call Josie Clarke on 027 773 4733 or email email@example.com