Operations Manager – Manufacturing Plant
- Start-up environment
- Subsidiary of an international group
- Career pathway to General Manager
You will join a well-established and highly successful international manufacturing group in the newly-commissioned manufacturing site at one of their key subsidiary businesses.
The business has developed a well-deserved reputation for innovation and their new manufacturing site is already considered best practice manufacturing for their development and application of machinery, people and systems.
The vision of the business is to continue to lead the industry and continue to bring innovation and best practice through effective manufacturing and leadership.
As such they are now seeking to appoint an Operations Manager to lead all site operations and work with the GM to lead the business to even greater success.
This newly-created role reports directly to the General Manager and is a key part of the leadership team. You will be responsible for ensuring the overall performance of the manufacturing is delivered to world-class standards.
The scope of your role will include:
- Providing leadership, coaching and direction to the team
- Drive efficiencies and optimisation across manufacturing, supply chain and all site operations
- Providing strategic oversight while also shaping Best Practice decisions in the day-to-day running of the Plant
- Identify opportunities and implement Continuous Improvement, particularly around BOM and the management of the ERP
- Champion HSE and Zero Harm across the business
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to develop exceptional customer relationships and grow the business
- Responsibility across Manufacturing, Quality, R&D, HSE, Supply Chain and Engineering
- Report directly to the GM with a view to taking on further responsibilities including financials, commercial management and greater leadership responsibility
What’s an offer
This opportunity offers a broad scope of responsibility, from being hands-on by leading and coaching the site team, to being part of the bigger picture, to support, develop and implement the strategy as the business continues to grow and innovate.
Your deep knowledge base and experience of end-to-end manufacturing processes, ideally (though not essentially) with experience in DfMA, Lean Manufacturing principles and relevant tertiary qualification, will ensure your success in providing inspirational leadership and ensuring the success of the Plant.
An opportunity exists to make your mark and shape the future of an innovative manufacturing business. The opportunity exists to step up to a future General Manager role – either in the business or elsewhere in the Group.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below.