About the Company
Southern Spars is an iconic New Zealand company that specialises in the design and construction of carbon fibre spars and components, rigging and rig servicing.
As an industry pioneer, Southern Spars built its first carbon spar in 1990 and has pursued its passion for delivering world class cruising and racing spar.
Southern Spars has a well-established global presence with centres in the USA, Denmark, Spain and Sri Lanka. Its headquarters are located in Avondale, Auckland where most of the manufacturing magic takes place. Southern Spars employs more than 500 staff worldwide.
Southern Spars is backed by the international Oakley Capital Group, a company renowned for investing in leading technology companies.
About the role
This is a newly created role reporting into the GM. This role will be focused on providing both strategic and operational HR support to the business with a particular focus on developing bespoke training and development programs for Southern Spar’s diverse workforce.
This role will also be integral in continuing to build the company’s fantastic culture with an emphasis on overall employee engagement, well-being initiatives and the continued evolution of Southern Spar’s employee benefits and incentives scheme.
- Identify training and development needs and implementing effective programs to enhance employee skills and knowledge.
- Execute training and development initiatives, working alongside relevant department leads.
- Implement performance management systems to enhance employee productivity and development.
- Oversee the performance review process and coordinate annually with department leaders.
- Review, update and implement Employee Benefits Programs.
- Conduct salary reviews and ensure organisation parity.
- Take ownership PerformanceHub and ensure it is utilised effectively.
- Develop and implement HR strategies.
- Provide Senior Management with HR insights.
- Assist with recruitment, including workforce planning, job postings and the candidate life cycle.
- Assist with employee relations if required.
- Develop HR policies and procedures where required.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Experience in creating and rolling out L&D/training programs.
- 5+ years in a HR role (experience within a manufacturing or construction environment would be a plus).
- Top notch Microsoft Office skills.
- Great communication capability both internally and externally.
- The ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- High level of integrity and ethical conduct.
Why work for Southern Spars?
Southern Spars is in growth mode as it continues to flourish in its niche industry. It is an organisation that cares about its products and services, and equally cares about its people.
The culture is one of collaboration and there is a real sense of both high performance and camaraderie.
Southern Spars has some great benefits including free onsite parking, access and full use of brand-new gym, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, subsidised lunches, free coffees, and a great social club (to name a few).
This is a great opportunity to provide both generalist HR support and take ownership over the training and development of a fantastic and ambitious workforce.
If you are keen to discuss this role further, please apply now or contact me on email@example.com.
- Newly created role reporting into the GM of Southern Spars
- Generalist HR role but with a focus on employees' training and development
- Great opportunity for progression into a senior leadership role