About the company:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Lead to join an iconic NZ business on a short contract (initially 4 months). This is an extremely successful multifaceted services/ utilities business currently going through an exciting period of change.
About the role:
With a change in procurement strategy on our client’s horizon and with key stakeholders from the procurement space being a part of this project, a need for a procurement lead/fleet manager on a contract basis has come about so that an element of stability and continuity can be achieved.
This role has two main pillars. The first being the procurement lead/contract management pillar and the second being the fleet management pillar.
With the first pillar sitting in and around procurement/contract management, in this role, you will be seen as the go-to person for procurement advice across the business. You will support our client’s business outcomes by contributing to the direction and execution of procurement activities as directed. In this role, you will be reviewing a large number of contracts that are coming up for renewal and working to onboard new suppliers to use the system appropriately.
In terms of the second pillar, fleet management will sit with you. This will see you overseeing the life cycle of the vehicles within the large fleet. Within this, you will work through new vehicle sourcing, vehicle disposals and vehicle tracking as well as day-to-day current fleet management.
This is not an entry role, you will be well versed in working in the procurement/contract management space. Experience in fleet management would be favourable.
- Ideally, you will be CIPS, NZPICS or related tertiary qualified.
- You will have working knowledge of contract legislation.
- You will have proven strong relationship-building skills and have the ability to develop effective relationships with the full range of business associates and staff (internally and externally)
- Be professional and have a focused approach to work
- Have well-developed skills with MS Office applications – Word, Excel
- Have demonstrated strong planning and organisational skills throughout your career
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion, please call Katherine Biggelaar on 021 225 4735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immediate start, CBD based
- Initial 4 month contract role overseeing procurement/fleet management
- Iconic NZ business