Procurement Category Specialist – 6-month contract
- Initial 6-month contract
- Based Wellington or Auckland
- End-to-end procurement
Do you have commercial experience gained in a high value, complex procurement environment with a demonstrable track record of identifying & delivering best outcomes & cost savings across ITC and/or indirect related categories?
If so, this exciting role could be for you.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial services organisation is looking to appoint a Procurement Category Specialist to create, develop, communicate, negotiate and implement innovative procurement strategies across core ICT/Technology/indirect categories to deliver year-on-year cashable savings and efficiencies.
You will have the leadership and interpersonal skills and experience to work confidently with stakeholders to overcome challenges and bring them towards a common goal. You will also deliver complex Category Strategies using best practice Category Management tools and techniques to ensure successful implementation.
The opportunity is ideally to be based in Wellington for an initial 6-month fixed-term contract. A future extension and potential location of either Wellington or Auckland will be considered.
- Demonstrable track record in the procurement and implementation of high value, high impact added value contribution within ICT/Technology/indirect categories
- Several years’ experience of complex, dynamic environments with high levels of ambiguity and impact/risk.
- Recent experience in a modern procurement environment within a large, complex commercially driven organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading and managing change projects across functional and business boundaries incorporating a diverse range of relevant products and services.
- Significant experience of influencing from a strategic perspective, whilst implementing effective procurement management and compliance structures.
- Political sensitivity and high-level influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Evidence of success in building relationships across organisational, professional and operational boundaries.
- Demonstrable experience of working on and leading collaborative procurement projects within a complex, multi-stakeholder and legislative operating environment.
- Experience of working with key suppliers, such as outsource partners, including performance development to meet business needs.
- Commercially astute with a proven track record of delivering cost savings and added value.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships to deliver change.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
What’s in it for you
- Take end-to-end responsibility and lead ICT/indirect category management
- Opportunity to develop your career in a significant Blue Chip business with national operations
- Opportunities to progress in procurement or the wider commercial services team
- Competitive salary with a generous benefits package
- Enjoy a career and work/life balance
For further information click apply or contact Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or firstname.lastname@example.org