Production & Materials Planner
- Leading NZ FMCG business
- Business in growth mode
- Challenging and varied responsibilities
Are you an experienced Supply Chain professional with experience in materials, supply and production planning? Are you ready for a new challenge? We have a great opportunity for an experienced Planner to step into a role with career development prospects for a leading NZ-owned FMCG business.
A little about the company
The business is a leading NX-owned FMCG business They are looking for passionate, talented people who can help drive current and future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. They set the bar high, and expect that their people do too.
What you’ll be doing
As the Supply and Production Planner, you will have responsibility for the operational planning function, ensuring that the day to day requirements and longer-term goals are achieved. You’ll be involved with the team that creates production forecasts, schedule and places material orders to ensure that both customer and business targets are achieved.
Working closely with the operations teams you will ensure that customer orders are captured and efficiently converted into customer deliveries. It will be essential to ensure that the lines of communication between the company and the customer are clearly defined, closely monitoring and improving the sales forecasting process into an effective business solution.
In addition, you will be required to create robust production plans and schedules in order to ensure effective and consistent supply of product to the New Zealand market.
- Utilise available planning systems to convert sales forecasts into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational cost efficiency
- Manage risks within the plan and amend orders where possible/practical to achieve customer service and stock targets
- Share forecasts with suppliers and work with them to resolve issues with materials availability
- Measure, minimise and publish expected obsolete/overstocks (finished product and/or raw materials)
- Champion ongoing communication with the operations teams to ensure accurate exchange of information
- Propose and implement continuous improvements in own area
- Maintain a state of perpetual audit-readiness for all audits (H&S, Technical, Customer, Accreditation Bodies etc.) to ensure working practices are compliant at all times
- Translate production plans into material requirements and convert them into supplier purchase orders
The Ideal Candidate
- NZPICS/Diploma or time-served understanding of the planning process
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Worked with multiple ranges of SKU’s; both short and long lead time
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Computer Literacy including experience of ERP systems and Excel – Intermediate to Advanced level
For further information click apply or contact Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email@example.com
Lead demand planning, analysis & reporting for a successful NZ-owned wholesale business. Pivotal role and the opportunity to develop your experience.
Production Planner/Supply Chain Graduate
Join a successful NZ manufacturing group where you will learn, develop and take on both operational and Continuous Improvement responsibility.