New Zealand’s leading fund
The Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation is an innovative, award-winning global investor. Our primary role is to manage the NZ Super Fund, an investment fund which invests taxpayer contributions globally to help pre-fund universal superannuation in New Zealand.
Our team has a deep sense of purpose through the work we do to benefit future generations of New Zealanders. At the Guardians there’s an energy, passion and a shared commitment to excellence.
The work is complex, innovative and intellectually stimulating. Our positive work environment respects your wellbeing while supporting your career and your future. As a proud equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate in our hiring practices, with diversity and inclusiveness highly valued.
The Strategic Development team forms part of the broader Corporate Strategy business unit, and is tasked with governing and facilitating the design and delivery of the Guardians’ strategic agenda. This varied, enterprise-wide position plays a lead role in transforming the Guardians’ mission, vision and strategic goals into actionable plans and change initiatives.
Working closely with divisional Heads and the Leadership Team, you will ensure alignment of the enterprise change programme with overall business strategies. Through partnership and collaboration at the team and business unit level, you will ensure initiatives are prioritised, consistent, and in line with the Guardian’s strategic vision.
Reporting through to the Head of Strategic Development, your primary responsibilities include:
- Embed and deliver the enterprise project governance model
- Partner with stakeholders to design the vision for change initiatives needed to deliver business strategy and value
- Assess, prioritise, and understand programme and project capacity requirements
- Advise internal stakeholders on project scheduling and prioritisation of initiatives
- Maintain an up-to-date view of enterprise change initiatives, whilst ensuring alignment with strategic goals
- Report on the progress of enterprise change initiatives for the Board and Leadership Team
- Champion the Guardians’ vision, values and constructive culture
With a reputation for excellence, the Guardians attribute the Fund’s success to the calibre of its staff, its commitment to diversity both in thought and background, and a commitment to global best practice.
Applications are encouraged from individuals experienced in Project and Programme Management, with experience at both an enterprise-wide and business unit level. This opportunity requires an individual who can think strategically, and who can ensure alignment across teams and business units by promoting a shared vision. You will demonstrate good knowledge of programme and project management methods and frameworks.
The Guardians are a close-knit, collaborative organisation, with a flat organisational structure. Critical to your success will be your ability to develop effective working relationships, to partner with stakeholders, to influence and advise, and to facilitate change initiatives through generating buy-in.
The Guardians encourages expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Reasonable support will be provided to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
This is an exciting opportunity which will see you operating across of New Zealand’s largest and most widely acclaimed fund. For a confidential conversation please contact Daniel Turner, Manager – Financial Services, on 021 193 0369 / firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply on the link below.
- New Zealand's highly awarded and internationally renowned sovereign wealth fund
- Influential role working with the Leadership Team and divisional Heads
- Strategic Development team, Corporate Strategy business unit