A leading beverages import & distribution company who provide well known and boutique brands across NZ. They have an established reputation and are known as an incredibly successful business with a passionate and focused team.
The business is currently looking for a Purchasing & Inventory Manager to join their team based at the airport. As with many companies at this time they have a COVID19 policy and require that all staff are fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be part of the onboarding process.
You will lead the day to day management of their imports from order creation through to delivery across their network. This is a mix of company owned and 3PL warehousing. Some of your key areas of focus in the role will be to:
- Managing all orders from suppliers located around the world.
- Order creation and raising purchase orders.
- Work with international suppliers around lead times and when to arrange shipping.
- Freight forwarder relationships and to communicate ETA’s with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Seeing product through to delivery and updating job sign off in the system.
- Look for opportunities to develop the current purchasing process.
- Develop forecasting and planning alongside sales.
What’s in it for you?
This role will provide you a lot of variety and you will a key player and link in your team to manage all orders and communicate with internal stakeholders, suppliers, freight forwarders and customers. Communication and strong attention to detail are the vital skills needed in this role! They have a really good system with managing all jobs so the key is to input all data and information accurately.
The company is based at the airport and car parking is available. It is a fun environment with a passionate team who love to do a great job for their customers.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call John Boyle on 021 737576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible for all purchasing and inventory
- Manage supplier relationships
- Airport location