- Hands-on leadership role
- New position within the business
- NZ owned & operated
This is a new role which has come about due to continued growth and opportunity across their Supply Chain and they are looking for a Purchasing Manager to lead a small team along with taking the lead on supplier relationships across New Zealand.
As the Purchasing Manager, you will manage, lead and control all aspects of the purchasing, supplier relationship management and planning activities.
Your responsibilities will include, though not be limited to:
- Full responsibility for planning, inventory and purchasing across the New Zealand business
- Lead, coach and develop a small Purchasing Team
- Drive improvements across systems, processes and procedures
- Ensure optimal inventory management, purchasing and supply chain performance
- Manage collaborative key stakeholder relationships across the business – principally in Sales, Product Management and Finance
- Work closely with the regional branches and stakeholders to ensure effective stock management
Whilst this is largely a hands-on leadership role focused on operational purchasing, there is also an opportunity to take on responsibilities across procurement including elements of vendor analysis, tenders and RFQs.
What’s in it for you?
You are an experienced Supply Chain professional with experience across purchasing, inventory, procurement activities with demonstrable experience in driving improvements while maintaining a customer-centric approach. Your relationship management skills, ability to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders will set you up to succeed in a key and highly visible role in the business. Previous experience in operational purchasing is essential. Ideally you will have some experience leading a small team however the business is also open to considering someone who is ready to take their first step into people management should they display effective leadership skills.
You will enjoy a wide scope of responsibilities and relish the challenge of managing multiple priorities, maintaining high standards and driving positive changes. This is an opportunity where you can really make your mark.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Nick McConnochie on 021 197 9121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org