About the company:
Our client is a well-known, established and successful global manufacturing business with a significant footprint and multi-site operations in NZ. They are recognised as one the leading operators in their respective market niche and have a deserved positive reputation for offering their people the opportunity to learn and develop within the business.
This role is an initial 6 month contract. Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, this purchasing role will see you purchasing raw materials for their manufacturing sites and teams.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Raising purchase orders and managing these orders through to them arriving on site
- Interact with suppliers both in NZ and overseas to maintain pricing and delivery schedules
- Manage internal stakeholders around materials planning (MRP) and communicate any delays/cancellations
- Be part of continuous improvement of purchasing systems, processes and performance
- Support your Manager to work with relevant stakeholders to proactively and continually achieve cost reductions and optimal use of working capital
Experience in purchasing and or buying is necessary. Your demonstrable communication and innovative problem-solving skills will ensure your success in a fast-paced complex and challenging role. Good experience with Microsoft Excel will also be needed using the likes of vlookup and pivot tables.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you would like to find out more or for a confidential discussion please call Katherine Biggelaar on 021 225 4735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immediate start
- Local and International Footprint
- Initial 6 month FTC