Purchasing & Supply Chain Specialist
- Opportunity in an international FMCG business
- Career development
- Successful and high growth business
Hutchinsons was established in Auckland in 1906 and is one of the original merchants of branded consumer foods in the NZ retail market. Today Hutchinsons are brand custodians and import and distribute a diverse range of brands including Castello, The Laughing Cow, Trident, OXO, Vegemite and Wheelies. Along with these partners they have their own brand – Hutchinsons Cheese. They have been in significant growth over the past few years and are always looking to bring on new brands to expand their diverse portfolio.
As the Purchasing & Supply Planning Specialist, you will be a key member of the team with ownership of end to end purchasing and supply planning functions of the ambient goods portfolio, alongside the broader supply chain operations.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and working closely with cross-functional teams, you will have ambition and a strong passion for driving continuous improvement initiatives to achieve first-class supply chain operations and business excellence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead supply planning and purchasing functions including, purchase order creation, costings of POs, and management of import preparing goods receipting into 3PL warehouse
- Build and integrate robust planning processes to support S&OP guidelines and business goals
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity in planning tools
- Communicate and resolve variances and impacts to the supply plan
- Proactively develop ways for supply chain optimisation to mitigate supply risks and drive efficiencies
- Supplier relationship management
- Source and work with shipping agents to provide the business with reliable and robust supply chain management and inbound logistics
- Work on NPD projects and develop effective supply chain plans
As a skilled and energetic supply chain professional, you can confidently demonstrate a robust understanding of supply planning and purchasing principles. Your ability to focus on quality and fine-tune planning across your portfolio using your impressive analytical skills and commercial nous will be key to your success.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a high-performing organisation and experienced supply chain team. They offer a supportive work environment and genuinely look to invest in their team. If you are eager to make an impact and grow with a business that is on a fantastic growth trajectory, this is a superb role not to miss out on.
To find out more, please get in touch with Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.