Rental & Logistics Manager (Relocate to Hawkes Bay)
- Materials Handling
- Global Organisation
- Central North Island Region
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-known global equipment manufacturer of Material Handling Equipment. The New Zealand operation has a reputation of providing the markets premium product range and backs this up with a premium service ethic. The Head Office is based in Auckland with major branch locations throughout the country of which this position sits at their Hastings Branch. This organisation provides MHE equipment, fleet management and warehouse solutions to a large range of some of New Zealand’s most recognised businesses from the top of the North Island to the bottom of the South.
This is a very hands on position operationally and at times it can involve a lot of administration work with processing rental orders for their busy horticulture sector across the Hawkes Bay. The position will be covering Hastings, Palmerston North, New Plymouth & Wellington and working closely with their regional Sales & Service teams. You will report to the Regional Sales Manager based in Wellington but will also be working very closely with the Regional Service Manager based in Hastings. There are not any direct reports in this role though you will be an integral link between the service and sales teams across the business and the Hawkes Bay region. There will also be some travel between Branches required with approximately 3 to 5 overnights per month expected in the role.
The Key Responsibilities of this position will be to:
- Achieve revenue targets across utilisation & rental fleet as per the annual business operating plan & budget for Central region (Hastings, Palmerston North, New Plymouth, Wellington)
- Develop plans to grow short term rental revenues through fleet availability, collaboration with sales teams to convert short term rental enquiries.
- Work with rental operations coordinators to be proactive with ensuring all rental trucks are delivered to meet or exceed customer’s expectations and communicated to the local Territory, Fleet or Business Development teams.
- Ensure the “real time” processing of accurate management of the rental fleet assets through compliance of rental contract customer documentation, proactively manage the recharge of customer damage, excess hours etc.
- Manage fleet utilisation levels to provide sales team with accurate stock availability at all times.
- Identify opportunities to add additional rental fleet assets as net gain rental fleet growth.
- Manage all customer enquiries appropriately and engage with sales or service colleagues effectively.
Successful applicants will demonstrate;
- Experience working within an industrial/capital equipment industry
- Ability to drive change
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Results focused with a high degree of energy and motivation
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- Excellent presentation skills
This is a unique opportunity to join a global organisation, bringing your experience to enact change and add value to the New Zealand operation and the Hawkes Bay region. The remuneration and benefits are generous and in line with the responsibilities of the role. If this opportunity is of interest please apply following the link below. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nick on 021 197 9121
Rental & Logistics Manager
Leadership opportunity to join a global business working across materials handling equipment, rentals and fleet management across the Northern region
Rental & Logistics Manager
Be an integral part of the Central North Island team for managing the rental division and transport movements within materials handling equipment.