Sales Support Specialist
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
- Central office location
- Global exposure
About the Company:
One of the country’s leading non-liner marine & port agencies, has engaged us to look for quality talent to join their team in the city fringe. On a daily basis, they offer a range of different services, and are especially strong when doing out of guage cargo, which adds extra complexity. Our client has just gone through some positive leadership change and is now gearing up for a huge year ahead.
About the Role:
Key team member of the business’ commercial side, and an integral link between Operations & Sales and Suppliers & Clients.
Provide business support to the Sales Team in pursuit of commercial growth and business development.
Responsible for procuring and negotiating rates with suppliers and agents and quoting existing, new and prospective clients. Additionally, you will provide analytical support and reporting functions, as well as general administration duties to the Sales Team.
You will have to be comfortable being a point of contact for clients when the sales team is unavailable and assist with their queries. You will need to liaise with all necessary parties, forwarders, carriers, operations teams, agents etc to ensure the timely and accurate commercial support. This will be part of the overall goal where you will be assisting to drive sales and grow the sea freight business both import and export.
Skills & Competencies:
- 3+ years operations and/or customer service + sales support experience in the New Zealand Freight Forwarding Industry.
- The ability to develop an intimate knowledge of the business and how they operate globally and domestically.
- Prompt and polite email and verbal communication.
- Good typing skills and familiarity with data processing, Microsoft Word & Excel. Excel at advanced level.
- Ability to work well under pressure and cope well under at times stressful situations.
- This person will need to be resilient in an industry that tends to take no prisoners because of the pace.
- Good numerical and analytical ability, attention to detail, problem solving skills, team player.
What’s in it for you?
A great opportunity to join a well-respected company and market leader who are continuing to grow and provide progression opportunities for their team.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Katherine Biggelaar on 021 225 4735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service / Export Sea Documentation
Export Sea Customer facing role dealing with a range of clients. Documentation will also take up at least 50% of the day to day responsibilities.
Inventory & Logistics Coordinator
Use your logistics coordination and inventory management capability in this fast paced 12 month FTC role.