New Zealand’s leading fund
The Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation is an innovative, award-winning global investor. Their primary role is to manage the NZ Super Fund, an investment fund which invests taxpayer contributions globally to help pre-fund universal superannuation in New Zealand.
The team has a deep sense of purpose through the work they do to benefit future generations of New Zealanders. At the Guardians there’s an energy, passion and a shared commitment to excellence.
The work is complex, innovative and intellectually stimulating. Their positive work environment respects each individuals wellbeing while supporting their careers. As a proud equal opportunity employer the Guardians do not discriminate in their hiring practices, with diversity and inclusiveness highly valued.
The Strategic Development team is tasked with overseeing the design and delivery of the Guardians’ strategic agenda. This varied, enterprise-wide position plays a lead role in transforming the Guardians’ purpose, vision and strategic goals into actionable plans and change initiatives.
Partnering with divisional Heads and the Leadership Team, you will ensure alignment of team goals and enterprise-wide change initiatives with overall business strategies. As a trusted advisor, this influential position will require you to take stakeholders on a journey, to achieve buy-in, and ultimately to ensure stakeholders are ‘on board’.
The Strategic Development team is also responsible for delivery of multiple special projects, interfacing with and supporting multiple stakeholders.
Reporting through to the Head of Strategic Development, your primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure adequate oversight, processes and systems are in place to design and monitor the delivery of the Guardians’ strategic agenda
- Support the alignment of enterprise change initiatives, team goals and the Guardians’ strategies
- Partner with stakeholders to design the vision for change initiatives needed to deliver business strategy and value
- Promote a shared vision through top-down and bottom-up strategic perspectives
- Facilitate multiple projects, including project scope, objectives and deliverables, and ensure effective project execution
- Report on the progress of enterprise change initiatives for the Board and Leadership Team
- Champion the Guardians’ vision, values and constructive culture
With a reputation for excellence, the Guardians attribute the Fund’s success to the calibre of its staff, its commitment to diversity, and their continuous strive for global best practice.
This opportunity requires an individual who can think strategically, and who can ensure alignment across teams and business units by promoting a compelling vision. Proactive, driven, resilient and courageous, this opportunity would suit a solutions focused professional with experience in consulting, advisory, and/or corporate, who is motivated to take on a business-wide mandate.
Of critical importance, your ability to develop relationships and to influence effectively across a diverse stakeholder base. This is a core requirement, which is crucial for the Strategic Development team to have an impact and meet their objectives. Commercially astute, your knowledge and experience will extend beyond theoretical concepts to understanding the drivers of competitive advantage and success.
The Guardians encourages expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Reasonable support will be provided to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
This is an exciting opportunity which will see you operating across of New Zealand’s largest and most widely acclaimed fund. For a confidential conversation please contact Daniel Turner, Manager – Financial Services, on 021 193 0369 / email@example.com, or apply on the link below.
- Influential role working with the Leadership Team and divisional Heads
- Strategic Development team
- Truly global portfolio ~$56B FUM