Shift Coordinator – Evening Shift
- Leading FMCG business
- Opportunity to progress your career
- Shift - Monday - Friday 9pm - 5am (no weekends)
A well-known FMCG business who are highly regarded for delivering innovative and much-loved products to the NZ market. They have recently invested in their Supply Chain and are striving to improve their operational performance and overall customer delivery.
In order to achieve this, they are looking to appoint an experienced DC Shift Manager who will lead and coordinate day-to-day DC operations (including managing a team of 15 – 20 direct reports), while also taking responsibility for (supporting or leading) Continuous Improvement initiatives and projects to improve systems and processes.
The DC Shift Manager is responsible for the effective management of all day-to-day operations of the distribution centre, ensuring that all activities and movements are effectively planned and executed accurately and on time.
What you’ll do
This role is responsible for managing all aspects of the day shift and this busy and critical operational role will see you will lead, coordinate and monitor the workings of all functions in the DC to deliver all service, productivity, efficiency and cost targets.
The scope of the role and key responsibilities include:
- Effective workforce and workload planning are essential; you’ll need to make sure sufficient resource are in place to achieve planned volumes in conjunction with KPI’s and ensure that department heads are managing underperformance
- You’ll use the financial performance data in conjunction with departmental KPI’s and metrics to drive forward process and procedure improvements in support of the site goals, ensuring Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are documented and implemented
- Continuous improvement is paramount to the business and you will support the Operations Manager in proactively developing the operation to consistently drive and improve standards of operational excellence
- As well as the additional day to day operational aspects of the DC (Recruitment, Health and Safety, Right to Work compliance etc.) you’ll also play a key role in the development of strategic plans for operational activity within the DC. Liaising with Senior Management you will assist in the scope, implementation and management of strategic/operational initiatives.
Who we’re looking for
You will have previous experience in a similar Operations Manager or Section Manager role; with direct responsibility for a large workforce within a fast-moving operation/company. Ideally with experience of Lean Methodology / Six Sigma, however, this is not mandatory.
You’ll have strong knowledge of bespoke warehouse management systems (WMS) as well as up to date knowledge of the Workplace Health & Safety regulations. You’ll be used to working in high volume warehouse environments, either 3PL, Transport, Logistics or within a large scale in-house Distribution Centre operation.
The business is well-regarded as an employer and is able to offer opportunities for learning and development and career progression within the organisation – both within NZ and overseas.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Logistics Administrator – 6-month fixed-term contract
Manage logistics and inventory administration for a global FMCG business
Manage day-to-day operations in a key, hands-on people-focused leadership role. Wide scope of responsibility with potential to grow and develop.