- North Shore Location
- Market Leader in their Industry
- Leadership Role
An innovative global company that has been highly successful in their market with a key focus on product, service and distribution. They are widely acknowledged as a market leader in their field and they have an established business in New Zealand which is continuing to grow. Due to continued growth an opportunity has come up within the group for a Shipping Manager to lead a team of three and manage the “order to delivery” portion of their supply chain across all NZ vendors based at their North Shore Head Office.
As a newly created role, you will join a commercially focused Supply Chain & Operations Team and report directly to the Supply Chain Manager. Your key responsibilities include, though are not limited to:
- Leadership of three team members in the shipping team
- Manage the order to delivery process of the supply chain across all NZ vendors
- Responsible for ensuring all release orders and order confirmations
- Work with freight forwarders to manage shipment tracking and delivery dates
- Follow up outstanding PO’s, back orders and payment of invoices
- Liaise with internal stakeholders from Business Managers, Distribution, Category to Branch Managers
- Lead the shipping team in mentoring, training, recruitment and performance evaluations
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to ensure standards and being met and effective communication is in place
- Financial reporting of month end order status updates and weekly FX forecasting
- Actively participate across the companies supply chain leadership team
What’s in it for you
As the Shipping Manager you will pride yourself on having exceptional administration and communication skills along with being able to get the best out of your team each day in an inclusive and positive environment. You have a positive attitude, enjoy leading a team and thrive on looking to continually improve and develop both you and the team.
You will ideally have 4 plus years in an administrative role across shipping, purchasing and/or finance along with experience leading a team or displaying strong leadership potential. Your advanced data entry, attention to detail and communication skills will be pivotal in ensuring your success in this role.
This is a terrific opportunity to join a well-respected company and market leader who are continuing to grow and provide progression opportunities for their team.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Nick McConnochie on 021 197 9121 or email email@example.com
Join a large FMCG business that is currently experiencing exponential demand.
Warehouse & Distribution Manager
Warehouse & Distribution Manager role for a business who are a market leader in their field along with continuous improvement opportunities on offer.