Site Engineer – Refrigeration
- Primary industry
- Nelson location
The business is based in Nelson and is well recognised, respected and delivers service excellence within a market that is synonymous with quality in New Zealand. Their product is in high demand and valued as a premium offering locally and in overseas markets.
The Nelson region and overall business is in an exciting period of growth and the business is looking for a Site Engineering where you will be responsible for the leadership of the team and their engineering operations.
The key functions of the business are focused around processing and distribution of which you will you will take responsibility for the engineering department and report through to the NZ Engineering Manager who is based outside of Nelson and you will have 3 direct reports.
The purpose of the position is you bringing your leadership, engineering and continuous improvement skills to the team to add value along with a significant focus on succession planning to further develop your team. This is a pivotal role for the business and they are looking for someone who has a huge passion for leading a great team, implementing successful projects and taking on the responsibility of the engineering operations across the Nelson site.
Yours responsibilities will include
- Frontline leadership across the site and leading the engineering team
- People leadership with a key focus on succession planning across the engineering team
- Ensure agreed measures and KPIs are met to create an accountable culture
- Financial management to prepare operations budgets that align with the agreed strategy
- A significant focus on continuous improvement across operations and team development
- Significant focus on running a safety-first workplace to create a quality environment
- 10+ years’ engineering experience within an operations environment and primary industry with refrigeration experience
- Proven leadership experience and leading successful teams
- Experience with managing contractors
- Experience with commercial refrigeration, electrical and controlled atmosphere equipment
- Strategic planning and commercial skills
- Working experience of using lean manufacturing processes
As the Site Engineer you will be a key member of the leadership team in Nelson and report nationally to the NZ Engineering Manager. You will be responsible for the growth and direction of the engineering department in Nelson as the business continues to develop and grow.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is hugely passionate about leading great teams within an engineering environment focusing on processing and distribution. You will enjoy being challenged and not afraid to put in hard work to ensure success across your teams.
This is a senior role and as such is remunerated accordingly. For more information please contact Nick McConnochie on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 197 9121
Technical Support Development Engineer
Lead and drive technical expertise and manage client relationships. Exceptional opportunity to fast-track your career and development.
Process & Utilities Maintenance Specialist
The purpose of the position is the optimisation of asset performance through proactive maintenance planning and robust cost control.