With the head office located in Auckland, this organization is a household name across New Zealand. They deal with thousands of customers, hundreds of suppliers and a huge SKU range. They are innovative, agile and forward thinking across all facets of the business.
They pride themselves on delivering quality products and service with an emphasis on safety and employee satisfaction/engagement. The business has experienced exceptional growth since 2013 and the expectation for their compliance pertaining to Health & Safety has risen. As such, an experienced, driven and passionate Health & Safety specialist is sought to join the team.
About the role:
In this role you will be working to maintain an environment that always promotes safety. Reporting to senior management, you will be responsible for establishing SOP’s that eliminate/mitigate risk.
You will implement a H&S plan promising safety as a core value and driving continuous improvement. You will be working to develop relationships throughout the business with a focus on the core areas of – warehousing/logistics and packaging/processing. Across 2 sites in Auckland and 1 on the South Island.
You will be providing monthly reporting of risks, actions and goals. You will be leading and inspiring others to ensure H&S standards are at the highest possible level.
- Working knowledge of H&S legislation and regulations.
- The ability to influence thinking and drive safety initiatives beyond compliance.
- A formal H&S qualification would be advantageous.
- Flexibility and the ability to think on your feet.
- An understanding of warehouse and distribution centre procedures.
- Engaging communication skills and the ability to build relationships across the business.
Know the level of experience they are after it is probably going to suit someone with 3-5 years experience, although this is obviously not set in stone. If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call John Boyle on 021 73 75 76 or email email@example.com
- Hands on role - on the floor with the team
- Great communication and engagement with people.
- Fast paced dynamic business