A well-known, established and successful privately-owned New Zealand business with international operations. They are recognised as one of the leading operators in their respective market niche and have a highly positive reputation for offering their people the opportunity to learn and develop within the business.
You will join one of the businesses within the group that are well-regarded internally for their growth and commercial success. The business is driving a Continuous Improvement program and is investing in improving technology, systems, processes and the capability of its people.
As S&OP Manager you will develop and lead the Sales and Operations Planning process and oversee the management of the production planning, materials and demand.
Reporting to the Group Supply Chain Manager you will take ownership of the S&OP function and be a key member of the team responsible for driving Continuous Improvement and taking the company on the journey to S&OP and Best Practice Supply Chain Management
- Develop, present and measure a rolling sales forecasting programme for the sales divisions.
- Consolidate the individual sales forecasts into a common and shared demand requirement for the labour requirement at each of the key planning resources.
- Maintain accurate capacity reports across all elements of the supply chain.
- Provide the information required for the management of yard space and manufacturing capacity as a key planning constraint in S&OP.
- Ensure the integration of the operating and financial plans as a key part of the S&OP.
- Support and present the S&OP for manufacturing sites across NZ and Australia.
- Lead and participate in Lean initiatives to reduce end-product lead times.
- Manage the Material Scheduling Team and Planning Team to ensure that materials are delivered to the manufacturing areas on time and in full.
- Support the Production Scheduling team in setting production rates in line with demand but responsive to peaks in business activity.
- Drive improvements in S&OP, ERP/MRP, systems, processes and procedures.
The following experience/skills are also essential for this role:
- Excellent knowledge of S&OP/IBP Processes.
- Understanding of managing and maintaining master data.
- Degree-level qualification in a business, supply chain or manufacturing-related discipline.
What’s in it for you
If you are an active member of a fully functional Sales and Operations Planning Team and have a solid understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning procedures this role could be for you.
There is a definite opportunity to come in and mark your mark, racking up achievements in building & developing your team, improving supply chain performance and taking the company on a journey to Best Practice S&OP.
You will be a key member of the Supply Chain Leadership Team and can expect the opportunity to take on further responsibility and to progress your career within this NZ-owned, international business.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and is expected to be in the region of $120000 – $150000.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A leading NZ Primary Industry business
- Investment and genuine commitment to Supply Chain.
- Make your mark in this pivotal role.