Supply Planning Manager
- Part of an international group
- Leadership responsibility
- Operational and Continuous Improvement focus
Proudly NZ-owned and operated this manufacturing and distribution business is one of the leading, and fastest-growing, companies in their industry. The business is committed to achieving the highest standards of customer delivery and supply chain performance, demonstrating this by continued investment in equipment, people and systems.
They are looking for an experienced Supply Planning Manager with exceptional leadership and people management skills to take ownership of their supply planning and inventory optimisation across their national network of sites and branches.
The purpose of this role will be;
- To manage the planning team ensuring compliance with safety, performance, training and development, communication and business values.
- Manage and sustain existing processes within the supply chain/planning team and look for innovative ways of driving improvement using lean methodology and team development
- Develop supply and inventory planning to a point where each member can cover all roles and processes within the team ensuring that support is given where needed and achievements are recognised and rewarded
- Work collaboratively with all other departments and strive for good working relationships through support and effective communication
- Ensure accuracy of stock levels of all products (raw materials, traded goods & manufactured products) through receipt of goods, storage, replenishment, picking & packing, loading, transferring & recording so avoiding stock outs or backlogs to customers.
- Manage regular stock takes of all product ranges & cycle counting where appropriate
- Ensure relevant investigations conducted to ensure stock levels are correct and causes of inaccuracy are identified and rectified.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to fully optimise the supply of quality product/service to satisfy customer requirements
- Develop the team through coaching, training, motivation & KPI’s
- Encourage & track personal development of individuals through appraisals and PDP’s
You will be a confident ‘hands-on’ operator able to demonstrate success in leading a supply planning function while promoting and driving optimal performance in inventory management.
The environment is fast-paced and it is essential that you are able to thrive in a fluid environment with shifting priorities. The company continues to enjoy impressive, sustained growth and very real opportunities exist for you to progress your career and learn new skills.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org