An excellent opportunity has arisen for a CA/ CPA qualified finance professional to join this iconic business. A household name and leader in their field, they are currently looking for a Financial & Tax Accountant to join their fast paced and highly skilled finance team.
This is a broad & varied role which has elements of routine tasks alongside various ad-hoc projects. Although working as part of a large finance team, this is a standalone role with high levels of responsibility, reporting into an impressive & knowledgeable Financial Accounting Manager. The core tasks for this position are as follows (but not limited to);
- Key liaison with external tax advisors
- Provide tax advice to the business and ensure tax policies and procedures are followed
- Preparation of monthly tax calculations & provide variance analysis and insights
- Review corporate fund model tax inputs and outputs
- Preparation of annual & interim tax review & audit processes
- Review of various tax returns (including GST, FBT, RWT, NRWT & PAYE)
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations at Group level & review corporate balance sheets
- Prepare taxation and treasury balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile GL and sub ledger
- Assist with interim and annual external reporting and audit processes.
- Provide IFRS advise to others in the team.
- Calculation of FFO & AFFO adjustments
To Be Considered For The Role
This role is well suited for someone who is currently working as a tax professional within a professional services firm (Big 4 preferred), and now looking for their first role into industry.
You will ideally have 3+ years relevant experience with the ability and desire to implement your knowledge into a commercial environment.
What’s In It For You
This is a great opportunity for someone to kick start their career in one of NZ’s most reputable businesses and gain exposure in a very successful environment.
Opportunities like this do not present themselves often. You’ll be working in a high performing team where training and development is ingrained, as are prospects for internal promotion.
To be considered for this position, submit your CV by following the link below. For a confidential discussion please call Josie Clarke on 027 773 4733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Large, Listed Business
- Auckland CBD Location
- Combine your strong Financial and Tax knowledge