Team Leader – Warehousing
- Hands-on warehousing leadership role
- Work with well-known consumer brands
- Generous salary package
A New Zealand owned and operated consumer products business who are highly regarded for delivering innovative and much-loved products to the NZ market. They are continuing to enjoy ongoing growth and are looking to appoint a Team Leader to lead warehousing activities for the business.
The Warehousing Team Leader is responsible for the effective management of all day-to-day operations of the warehouse and distribution network, ensuring that all KPI’s and targets are achieved through effective hands-on leadership of day-to-day warehousing and inventory management.
What you’ll do
This role is responsible for managing all aspects of the warehousing function. This busy and critical operational role will see you will lead, coordinate and monitor the workings of all functions to deliver all service, productivity, efficiency and cost targets.
The scope of the role and key responsibilities include:
- Effective workforce and workload planning are essential; you’ll need to make sure sufficient resource are in place to achieve planned volumes
- You will lead from the front and, in addition to leading and coordinating, will have responsibility for picking and packing, warehouse administration, general housekeeping and loading/unloading./working with couriers
- Continuous improvement is paramount to the business and you will support the Operations Manager in proactively developing the operation to consistently drive and improve standards of operational excellence
- As well as the additional day to day operational aspects of the DC (Recruitment, Health and Safety, Right to Work compliance etc.) you’ll also play a key role in the development of plans for operational activity for the warehouse.
Who we’re looking for
You will have previous experience in a similar Team Leader role; with a hands-on leadership approach. Along with managing a small t4eam, you will very much be responsible for being hands-on across all areas of the warehouse.
What’s in it for you
The business is well-regarded as an employer and is able to offer opportunities for learning and development in the business. You will also receive a base salary in the region of $60000 plus KiwiSaver, parking, additional fringe benefits and a convenient location in St Johns.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion, please call Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Supply Planner
Drive, develop and optimise planning tools and systems. Lead supply planning activities for a growing NZ-owned and operated FMCG business.
Logistics Services Manager
Drive Best Practice supply chain and customer delivery across all New Zealand Operations. Strategic and Continuous Improvement focus