About the company:
Alloy Bearings is a 4th generation family owned engineering firm north of Auckland. 80% of manufactured/refurbished product is for their strong offshore client base. They predominantly deal with large corporate organisations across the energy, power station and oil/gas sectors. With significant untapped opportunities in other sectors. They are now looking to build on their competitive advantage. Alloy Bearings strive to be market leader and the recognised specialists in hydrodynamic (whitemetal/babbitt) bearings in Australasia and SE Asia.
About the role:
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join the team. Ideally with a mechanical engineering/technical background you have taken this experience and developed your career in a solution sales direction. You’ll be targeted to develop the offshore markets for Alloy Bearings. Specifically, SE Asia. You understand the longer lead times involved in selling a technical product into large corporate businesses. Having relationships across energy, oil/gas, mining or other large industrial sectors would be seen as a benefit. Business development activities will be taking place across current clients as well as new opportunities.
- Development of Alloy Bearings market share in SE Asia.
- Establish in country partners and/or direct with end users.
- Revenue growth through new and existing clients.
- Maintaining the integrity of the inhouse CRM.
- Develop and grow key relationships with procurement, reliability engineers and continuous improvement engineers.
Key attributes needed:
- Strong business development experience in a technical environment.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Extremely organised, self-motivated, and driven to succeed.
- Ability to manage own workload through to successful outcomes.
- Comfortable utilising an established CRM system.
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary package with an annual performance-based incentive and vehicle. Personally tailored internal reward scheme. Join a 30-strong team north of Auckland who are truly passionate about the quality of their product offering. This is an opportunity to join an established business as they go through their next phase of growth.
Get in touch today for a confidential chat with John Boyle on 021 73 75 76 and email@example.com
- Experience developing offshore markets
- Experience with OEM and end user channels
- Technical / Mechanical engineering background