Technical Manager – Packaging
- Leading international manufacturing business
- NPD and Continuous Improvement focus
- Advisory and relationship management focus
A little about the company
The business is a leading international manufacturing group. They are looking for passionate, talented people who can help drive current and future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. They set the bar high, and expect that their people do too.
NZ has been identified as a key growth area for the business internationally and is benefiting from a focus on Continuous Improvement, training and development for its people and significant investment in operational, equipment and R&D. It is an exciting time to join a well-established, successful business ina key phase as they look to achieve operational excellence in manufacturing, R&D and supply chain
You will join the wider Engineering & Manufacturing team and will benefit from working with highly experienced and capable colleagues and working in a genuinely collaborative and team-based environment.
Reporting directly to the General Manager you will provide technical expertise for packaging materials, fitments and pursue process improvements through the development of new and improved products. Additionally, you will work closely with the Sales & Marketing and Manufacturing Teams to provide guidance, advice and manage key relationships.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee, and some hands-on involvement in, developing packaging material specifications to meet the needs of the consumer, customer, distribution, shelf life, product protection, filling line performance and national regulations
- Partner with the sales team identify opportunities for NPD
- Support the sales team with technical know-how and collaborate to deliver leading packaging solutions to the NZ market
- Assist with technical troubleshooting and assist with Root Cause Analysis processes
- Inception, design, development and execution/delivery of new packaging solutions to the market
- Creation of BOM and product specification/data sheets
- Manage packaging and material changes through the NPD process
- Lead packaging performance improvement projects focused on cost reduction and improving customer satisfaction
- Support the sales team in presenting solutions to customers through attending meetings, proposals and putting together data and specification packs
What’s in it for you
An experienced Technical/Product Development Manager with a tertiary qualification in Food Technology (or similar) you will have experience working in a technical role in a manufacturing environment. Your demonstrable communication and innovative problem-solving skills will ensure your success in fast-paced complex and challenging role.
Driven, ambitious and passionate, you will be committed to your learning & development and be passionate in driving and leading the design and delivery of innovative packaging solutions.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning & Purchasing Lead
Lead demand planning, analysis & reporting for a successful NZ-owned wholesale business. Pivotal role and the opportunity to develop your experience.
Procurement Manager – 3-month contract
Lead and drive technical procurement categories. Immediate start available