Technical Packaging Specialist
- Leading international manufacturing business
- NPD and Continuous Improvement focus
- Career development plan in place
A little about the company
The business is a leading international manufacturing group. They are looking for passionate, talented people who can help drive current and future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. They set the bar high, and expect that their people do too.
NZ has been identified as a key growth area for the business internationally and is benefiting from a focus on Continuous Improvement, training and development for its people and significant investment in operational, equipment and R&D. It is an exciting time to join a well-established, successful business ina key phase as they look to achieve operational excellence in manufacturing, R&D and supply chain
You will join the wider Engineering & Manufacturing team and will benefit from working with highly experienced and capable colleagues and working in a genuinely collaborative and team-based environment.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager you will provide technical expertise for packaging materials, fitments and pursue process improvements through the development of new and improved products.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing packaging material specifications to meet the needs of the consumer, customer, distribution, shelf life, product protection, filling line performance and national regulations
- Partner with the sales team identify opportunities for NPD
- Assist with technical troubleshooting and assist with Root Cause Analysis processes
- Collaborate with suppliers on the continual improvement of materials and services
- Creation of BOM and product specification/data sheets
- Manage packaging and material changes through the NPD process
- Assist/lead packaging performance improvement projects focused on cost reduction and improving customer satisfaction
- Support the sales team in presenting solutions to customers through attending meetings, proposals and putting together data and specification packs
What’s in it for you
An experienced Packaging Technologist with a tertiary qualification in Food Technology (or similar) you will have experience working in a technical role in a manufacturing environment. Your demonstrable communication and innovative problem-solving skills will ensure your success in a fast-paced complex and challenging role.
Driven, ambitious and passionate, you will be committed to your learning & development and will benefit from a career succession plan to progress to Technical Manager in the future.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email email@example.com
A global organisation with a New Zealand flavour, is looking to employ a skilled and initiative driven Supply Chain or Logistics Specialist.
Purchasing & Supply Chain Specialist
Take ownership of purchasing and supply planning for the ambient portfolio of an international FMCG