Technical Support Development Engineer
- Combine your engineering expertise with a commercial angle
- Relationship and project management
- Exceptional opportunities for career progression
A well-known, established and highly successful New Zealand owned manufacturing business. They are recognised as one of the leading operators in their respective fields and have a highly positive reputation for offering their people the opportunity to learn and develop within the business.
The technical support function plays a vital role in taking the company’s offerings to market. This role supports the development and delivery of product requirements to customers and requires you to work closely with the Sales Team to meet with the customer and provide product guidance and advice.
You will work in a diverse and challenging role involving face-to-face customer interaction, product research, technical expertise and will work closely with the Sales, Manufacturing, and Technical stakeholders along with face-to-face customer interactions.
Your overall responsibilities will include, though not be limited to:
- Provide technical support to both internal and external customers to protect market share, increase penetration levels and to close customer satisfaction gaps. This will be achieved by providing; – real-time technical service, customised technical solutions and by leading and contributing to the development and maintenance of new products
- Act as a change agent by being at the forefront of market applied technology developments both domestically and globally.
- Provide leadership and oversight work in conjunction with marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering and technical roles to improve and develop products and systems with a focus on end-use cost/performance optimization and business value.
- Apply science/engineering expertise, knowledge and experience in the development of products
What’s in it for you
You will be tertiary qualified in civil or mechanical engineering (or similar) and have some experience in project management and technical knowledge of applied engineering practice and a perhaps successful track record of engineering consultancy in commercial construction projects.
With a natural affinity to relationship-management, you will relish the opportunity to take on a client-facing role where you can demonstrate your technical knowledge and expertise to achieve successful commercial outcomes for the business and solutions for your client.
You will be joining a leading NZ business in a key role. As such the opportunity to professionally develop and progress your career are significant.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email
Packaging Maintenance Specialist
The purpose of the position is the optimisation of asset performance through proactive maintenance planning and robust cost control.