About the company:
Our client is apart of a global company with a presence in over 50 counties throughout the world and over 45,000 staff.
In New Zealand, they use an import and distribution model for their products.
Their products are top quality and are well sort after by major retailers in the New Zealand market.
The business prides itself on being innovative. They do their best to live and breath their values these being integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
About the role:
As a key member of the Operations leadership team, this Warehouse Manager role is responsible for leading safety, quality and cost-effective warehouse performance and product delivery service to customers across New Zealand.
This role has up to 40 reports – an assortment of direct and indirect.
With the business having grown rapidly and the lease of their current warehouse coming up for renewal, this role will see you supporting the operations manager and warehouse relocation project manager in the warehouse relocation project.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Provide visible Safety leadership (including capital expenditure) across the warehouse, act to identify and reduce critical risks and ensure policies and practices are in place with employee consultation, training and engagement to create buy-in, commitment and accountability
- Manage the warehouse operation to ensure alignment and execution of customer promise, including inward goods, storage, pick/pack and dispatch
- Identify & leads improvement projects and root-cause investigations & actions to drive a safety & high-performance culture
- Ensure cost efficient & productive labour practices are managed to financial goals
- Aligns & manages team performance to deliver organisational goals and priorities, set goals/objectives and behavioural expectations, provide coaching/feedback and build a high-performance culture
- Champion company culture & values
- Use talent processes to identify, source and develop Division pipeline quality, depth and diversity
- You will have a strong track record as Warehouse Leader
- Have a strong commitment to building Safety and high-performance culture
- Knows how to build & leverage influential relationships
- Natural ‘80/20’ leader – identify & deliver key focus areas while managing other work differently
- Enjoy identifying, developing and managing talent
- Have effective communication & leadership skills with demonstrated experience in performance management.
- Have a good understanding around financial drivers and levers within a warehousing environment
What’s in it for you?
–An attractive remuneration, health insurance and access to free EAP
– Be part of a global organisation that provides I&D opportunities to their staff, particularly to strengthen leadership capability.
-Being part of a large global, the opportunity to work offshore/relocate is always an option
– The ability to upskill in knowledge as you support the business in a large warehouse relocation project
– Enjoy having Christmas and New Year off as the business shuts down during this period.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your cv by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Katherine Biggelaar on 021 225 4735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drive H&S and L&D
- Partake in a large upcoming warehouse relocation project
- Large global manufacturer on the Fortune 200