- Career defining position
- Work with leading WMS technologies and systems
- FMCG or 3PL experience
Are you a Warehouse Supervisor or Manager working in a FMCG or 3PL environment, ready for your next step up in your career and a new and exciting challenge?
Join an outstanding NZ business who are an importer and market leader within their industry along with having a strong overseas supply chain. As a result of continued growth they are looking for a Warehouse Manager to manage their NZ distribution and to drive positive change and improvements across their warehouse and operations. You will take on a key role in the warehouse and work closely with the Head of Supply Chain who will provide you with ongoing support, training and mentoring.
You are a Warehouse Supervisor or Manager looking to take on a key leadership role within a successful business which is going global but still has old fashioned values across their business. You will be leading on continuous improvement in the warehouse and managing your team to be the very best they can be. The team has a couple of different divisions and a reasonably flat structure with a team of 12. The role will also have a key focus on health and safety and running a lean and clean warehouse operation. The business works with a large number of products and having experience working with multiple SKU’s will be desirable.
You will be passionate, values-led and customer service focused, to ensure your team meet the demands of all orders and achieve delivery in full and on time to their networks.
This role interacts with a variety of different areas of the business. Keeping the warehouse stock moving quickly. This is a fast-paced environment that is continuing to grow!
You will be able to work to and manage the Health & Safety policies at the site ensuring 100% compliance always and be responsible for implementing toolbox meeting and ongoing compliance.
You will be a strong people manager and able to lead, motivate and develop the wider team; keeping your team one step ahead with their development having an input and influence into their personal development plans. To juggle all that this job brings you will be able to be flexible and highly-organised, making things happen when the need arises.
To keep any distribution team moving you will need to be an excellent planner and able to keep an eye on KPI’s and performance standards across the teams.
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience working within FMCG or 3PL and a large number of SKU’s is desirable
- A working knowledge of warehousing at a managerial level either as a supervisor or manager
- Strong work ethic and attitude who enjoys problem solving and finding solutions to improve processes
- Able to manage disciplinary processes when required
- Working experience with a WMS system and RFID
- Experience managing HR processes including absence-management, employee engagement and performance improvement
- Planning experience, stock movement and control, and KPI management
- Innovative and Continuous Improvement focused, able to apply strategy to operations effectively driving change through the team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate with attention to detail & excellent organisational skills
- Good time management and able to work under pressure
Warehouse Supervisor role for a building materials supplier and importer