- Lead a warehouse team
- Building materials
- Key focus on continuous improvement
Are you a Warehouse Supervisor working in a busy warehouse environment, ready for your next step up and a new and exciting challenge?
Join a NZ building materials supplier and importer who are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to drive positive change and improvements in their warehouse and operations. You will take on a key role in the warehouse and work closely with the Warehouse Manager.
You are a Warehouse Supervisor looking to take on a key leadership role. You will be leading on continuous improvement in the warehouse and managing your team to be the very best they can be. The business works with a very large number of products and having experience working with a large amount of SKU’s will set you up for success.
You are passionate, values-led and customer service focused, the company’s products are delivered directly to customers daily, on time and in full.
This role interacts with a variety of different areas of the business. Keeping the warehouse stock moving quickly. This is a fast-paced environment that will keep you on your toes!
The company live their values and never compromise on quality or safety. You will be able to work to and manage the Health & Safety policies at the site ensuring 100% compliance always.
You will be a strong people manager and able to lead, motivate and develop the wider team; keeping your team one step ahead with their development having an input and influence into their personal development plans. To juggle all that this job brings you will be able to be flexible and highly-organised, making things happen when the need arises.
To keep any distribution team moving you will need to be an excellent planner and able to keep an eye on KPI’s and performance standards.
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience working with building materials and a large number of SKU’s is desirable
- A working knowledge of warehousing at managerial level
- Able to manage disciplinary processes when required
- Experience managing HR processes including absence-management, employee engagement and performance improvement
- Planning experience, stock movement and control, and KPI management
- Innovative and Continuous Improvement focused, able to apply strategy to operations effectively driving change through the team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate with attention to detail & excellent organisational skills
- Good time management and able to work under pressure
Lead the warehouse team for a NZ success story who are continuing to grow and invest in their people, systems and technologies.